Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Re: The OFFICIAL Led Zeppelin Thread

But the guys are only getting older and Robert has voiced his displeasure at acts like the Stones who he called everything short of dinosaurs prancing around on stage acting like young men.
This might be the one you are noting or close to it at least:

From Rolling Stone 1/6/11 by David Ciminelli

The 62-year-old singer says he can't relate to rehashing past hits anymore, affirming, 'There's nothing worse than a bunch of jaded old farts.'

Robert Plant discusses the future of Led Zeppelin and any possible reunion concerts in the new issue of Rolling Stone that dropped Thursday, but the news isn't good.

"I've gone so far somewhere else that I almost can't relate to it...It's a bit of a pain in the pisser to be honest," the 62-year-old singer says about the notion of stepping back into his role as frontman of one of music's preeminent hard rock bands. Plant, who continues to enjoy a successful solo career going on over 30 years, reveals that his 2007 benefit reunion show at London's 02 Arena with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and late drummer Jon Bonham's son Jason Bonham was likely the last time audiences will ever see Led Zeppelin perform together.

"Who cares? I know people care, but think about it from my angle -- soon, I'm going to need help crossing the street," he added.

The passing of time seems to be Plant's primary reason for deciding to abandon any lingering possibility of any more reunions. He laments to Rolling Stone about his disregard of bands that continue to tour with classic hits without offering anything new in the way of original music.

"There's nothing worse than a bunch of jaded old farts, and that's a fact," Plant said. "People who have written their story -- they've gotten to the point where nothing moves. I don't deal in that, and I don't deal with anybody who deals in that."

I agree with him that they should have something new to offer to augment their own past work. Page, Jones and Bonham had some tracks worked out but Plant did not participate which scuttled further plans.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Mick Jagger said the same thing back in the late 70's, that he couldn't see the Stones touring for much longer, becoming a parody of themselves. I guess the moral of the story is "money talks" and they are so used to being rock stars they don't know what else to do with themselves.

Still I have this image of the Stones taking the stage with walkers, wheelchairs and oxygen tanks while they play their concert.

:D

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

^^Mick Jagger said the same thing back in the late 70's, that he couldn't see the Stones touring for much longer, becoming a parody of themselves. I guess the moral of the story is "money talks" and they are so used to being rock stars they don't know what else to do with themselves.

Still I have this image of the Stones taking the stage with walkers, wheelchairs and oxygen tanks while they play their concert.

:D
Yes, I recall his comments...especially the part of singing "Satisfaction" at old age [grin]. That has been a running joke with Jagger and co. for years now. They still put on a good show with some new material. Love Keith...

I seriously doubt Zeppelin will EVER do a tour. A one off? Maybe but that is even sketchy at best.

Donovan...with Page guesting.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

Today on this day July 13 back in 1985...Live Aid at JFK Stadium, Philadelphia.

Shambolic? Yes... I remember the hairs on the back of my neck rising as soon as I saw them amble onstage.

Last edited:

CREAM'd

Reaction score

My favourite peice of Led Zeppelin footage,love the way Bonham just explodes all over the drums.Early Led Zeppelin just can't be beat.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

My favourite peice of Led Zeppelin footage,love the way Bonham just explodes all over the drums.Early Led Zeppelin just can't be beat.
Aaahhh...the Danish TV show. They were so young, fresh and not yet prone to extended flights of fancy. Funny as the years went by that Jones never aged a bit.

CREAM'd

Reaction score

Aaahhh...the Danish TV show. They were so young, fresh and not yet prone to extended flights of fancy. Funny as the years went by that Jones never aged a bit.
Very true :heheh: I had a pair of pajamas back in the early 80's like the ones JP Jones is wearing in your sig picture.

I see the Page site is up Unlock JimmyPage.com | JimmyPage.com

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online

No members online now.