That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: The OFFICIAL Led Zeppelin Thread

from classicrockmagazine.com

Jason Bonham To Jam With His Dad On Stage

Jason Bonham is planning to do a duet with his late father John on the upcoming Led Zeppelin Experience tour of America.

The drummer, who is also a member of Black Country Communion, will get the chance to play with his dad on Moby Dick.

Says Bonham: “Dad and I are going to do it together. We’re creating it from the two main video and audio choices we have, which are the 1970 Royal Albert Hall show and The Song Remains The Same movie. It’s going to be a challenge, making sure everything runs smoothly in sync. I’ll also play with him on When the Levee Breaks. That’s one of the hardest songs to replicate, so rather than fight it, I thought, ‘Come on Dad, let’s play this one together’. We’re editing footage of him playing and cutting it so that he’s looking at me. I’m really looking forward to that”.

Find out more at Jason Bonham - Official Website (intro)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^I saw Jason do something like this on the Jimmy Page "Outrider" Tour '88 and he was brilliant. First a recording of his dad resonated around the Humming Bird in Birmingham then the lights hit the stage and Jason took over ... and so on alternating then together throughout "Moby Dick" great stuff.

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

The 7th studio album released in March 76 a brilliant album IMO but the critics had a party with this one and sales dipped.

I admit I was overly harsh on this album up until I purchased it a little while back. Turns out I was very wrong, as Presence is a really good album. It's just not as good as their previous 6, which may be why it got panned by critics

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Presence is my favorite Zeppelin album. Critics panned it because critics are ( usually ) failed musicians who someone decided to give money to ( god knows why ?!!?!? ) for their opinions ( which are no more important then anyone else's )

/ critic rant :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Presence is my favorite Zeppelin album. Critics panned it because critics are ( usually ) failed musicians who someone decided to give money to ( god knows why ?!!?!? ) for their opinions ( which are no more important then anyone else's )

:clap:

mystic fred

Reaction score

It's a wonder the album got made at all, as Robert Plant was recovering from a car accident and was in the studio in a wheelchair, obviously still in pain - it must have given his voice a little extra edge..

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Well regardless of what critics said the album still went platinum in the UK and 3x platinum in the States. :grinthumb

Vic2010

Reaction score

I think PRESENCE kicks ass. Not a bad track on it. I think they were even a year or so ahead of their time with some of the rockabilly type of stuff that was on the album. Truly a great album.

Rocker440

Reaction score

Here's a link to an excellent, albeit rather lengthy article with regard to the 35th Anniversary reissue edition of Physical Grafitti. There are some excellent early Zep photos and other cool info as well! :grinthumb

Tight But Loose

:cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

So I contributed to the previous Led Zeppelin thread that we had in here but it was mostly to drop in that my favorite song was "Going To California" and when someone else already made that claim I didn't figure I had much more left to say. Let me be clear, I'm not a complete Zeppelin novice but yeah, in some ways amongst this realm I am. :heheh: I don't know the deeper tracks but I know the popular essentials. I just can't tell you which album each is on. Between late High School and graduating college I have acquired 3 Zeppelin albums, one Page/Plant album and a Zeppelin Tribute album in my collection!

The Zeppelin albums I own are II, IV and Houses of the Holy all of which I bought in one sweep as Right Aid of all places was selling them for real cheap! I also bought Page/Plant-No Quarter which was the last album I ever bought affiliated with them! Consequently I'd be lying if I said that though I knew Zeppelins songs this was the first time I even knew what Plant and Page even looked like when I saw this concert! The first Zeppelin song I ever clearly remember after Stairway to Heaven was Gallows Pole which I believe had it's own video which is why it sunk in the most at the time.

The first album I actually ever bought was the Encomium Tribute which I still think is great until this day! It honestly introduced me to most of Zeppelins songs, just by other artist. Honestly, I bought it for the artist I liked at the time and as a gateway to Zeppelin. It worked because it showed me what albums to buy! I bought IV more for "Going To California" than "Stairway to Heaven" because of this cover:

Never The Bride-Going To California

I still love that cover but I do like Led Zeppelins original better! Like I said it's my favorite Zep song!

Honestly, Tori was another artist that got me to delve deeper! She performed with Plant on the tribute and her style blended Zep perhaps more than any of her influences! Though I'm still partial to Tori's cover of "Thank you":

Tori Amos-Thank You

I know it's blasphemous to prefer a cover, especially from a chick without a guitar, but even though I'm going to delve deeper into this band respectfully, I refuse to lie about my preferences! :D Anyway, I love the original and it's because of Tori I decided on the Led Zeppelin II album!

"Houses of The Holy" came from hearing STP's version of Dancing Days and Sheryl Crows cute as hell cooing of D'Ya Maker! So that's my background guys and in time I'm going to go through all the albums, ones I own and don't and give an impression of each album after a thorough listen. This is my footprint for now! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebDimond

Staff online

Members online