Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
REVOLUTION and Led-Zeppelin courtesy of WeLoveSoaps

REVOLUTION continues its first season on Monday, November 19 at 10:01 p.m. ET/PT.

In "Kashmir," Miles (Billy Burke) and the gang are bound for Monroe's (David Lyons) lair - Independence Hall, but their efforts are impeded when they begin to have difficulty separating fantasy from reality. Meanwhile, Danny (Graham Rogers) starts to grow suspicious of Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell).

To celebrate the release of their upcoming live concert film and album Celebration Day, available on Monday, Led Zeppelin has granted NBC and Warner Bros. Television rights to feature two of their songs in the episode.

The classic Led Zeppelin tracks “Kashmir” and “Since I’ve Been Loving You” will be showcased in REVOLUTION on Monday, November 19. Following last night’s all-new episode, NBC debuted a special trailer, featuring “Kashmir,” for the November 19 episode. A promo for REVOLUTION. featuring “Kashmir” will run throughout the week on NBC, and an extended version of the trailer will be available on NBC.com.

"Anyone who really knows me knows how obsessed I am with Led Zeppelin. So the fact that the band agreed to put two songs in my show is, very seriously, a career high-point," said Eric Kripke, creator and executive producer of REVOLUTION.

Live versions of both songs are available on Celebration Day, which chronicles Led Zeppelin’s legendary 2007 concert at London’s O2 Arena. The epic performance was a two-hour-plus tour de force of the band’s signature blues-infused rock ’n’ roll including such landmark tracks as “Whole Lotta Love,” “Rock And Roll,” and “Stairway To Heaven.” Celebration Day will be available in multiple audio and video formats on November 19 and can be pre-ordered now at ledzeppelin.com.

J.J. Abrams and Eric Kripke on Led Zeppelin and 'Revolution'

'Zeppelin's got such an epic quality to it that I think matches the tone of the show'

Comment6November 17, 2012 10:25 AM In anticipation of this week's episode of NBC's Revolution, the show's producers, J.J. Abrams and Eric Kripke, sat down to talk about using the music of Led Zeppelin in their post-apocalyptic drama.

"You have no idea what a big Zeppelin fan I am," Kripke, the show's creator, says.

"When Eric pitched the show, he was like, 'I just want to do a show that has Led Zeppelin music in it.' That was basically his pitch," Abrams adds. "That was it, and we're like, we're in."

The November 19th episode will feature two Led Zeppelin tracks, "Kashmir" and "Since I've Been Loving You." The episode's showcasing of Led Zeppelin's music is set to coincide with the release date of the live album/DVD Celebration Day, which documents the band's 2007 reunion show at London's 02 Arena.

"Zeppelin's got such an epic quality to it that I think matches the tone of the show," Kripke says. "Kashmir is actually the one that really kicks ass in the episode. Because it's part of this very intense moment with Miles when he goes face to face with Monroe. Huge epic music, huge epic scene."

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Saw the CD/DVD set at the store the other day. Kinda P.O.'d I have to wait until Christmas because my mom wants to buy it for me. I can't wait that long. :mad

Have you listened yet, gcc?

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
INTERVIEWS Led Zeppelin Reunion Tour Was Nixed for a Totally Boring Reason
November 21 2012, 11:45 AM ET
by Chris Martins

121121-led-zeppelin-plant.jpg

"Wut?" Robert Plant / Photo by Getty Images

Jimmy Page on Robert Plant: "He was busy."

Once upon a time, way back in 2007, for the first time in 12 years, Led Zeppelin reunited to play a show ... and that was the end of the story. Almost. Not only has that now five-year-old concert just gotten a well-hyped theatrical and DVD release — "Five years is like five minutes in Zeppelin time," said John Paul Jones at a press conference — the abrupt end of that flirtation with reforming has fueled unceasing discussion amongst fans and press, since exacerbated by the presence of Celebration Day.

By late 2008, it was clear that Robert Plant had refused to push forward with a full tour. As SPIN's Steve Kandell wrote then, "it just may be that a 60-year-old man who now more closely resembles the Cowardly Lion than a bare-chested golden god in too-tight jeans wants to preserve that bedroom-poster image, and his dignity, rather than treat us all to the mental image of the juice dripping down his leg. (Who among us wants to hear rock's gnarliest bit of double-entendre turned into a Depends gag?)"

Finally though, after endless wild (and probably spot-on) public speculation, Rolling Stone has cracked the case: "He was busy," Jimmy Page said as the entire world let out its breath at once. "He was doing his Alison Krauss project. I wasn't fully aware it was going to be launched at the same time. So what do you do in a situation like that? I'd been working with the other two guys for the percentage of the rehearsals at the O2. We were connecting well. The weakness was that none of us sang."

Snark aside, Page did express the same emotions that many of his band's fans have no doubt felt: "Some of us thought we would be continuing, that there were going to be more concerts in the not-too-distant-future. Because there was a lot of work being put into the show." Famously, that work continued after Plant turned down a chance to sing with Page, Jones, and drummer Jason Bonham. The remaining three Zeps held auditions for a new frontman, and even tried out Steven Tyler.

"The timing wasn't the best," Page said of working with Aerosmith's singer. "We had put so much toward the O2. And the three of us were catching up with stuff. It was very good, seriously promising. But there was this other thing going on. [Pauses] And that's it." That other thing could've been Tyler's rehab stint, or his splintering relationship with his band. Ultimately, Page decided they "needed a good, credible album, not do something that sounded like we were trying to milk the O2."

Celebration Day is available for $39.99 in deluxe CD/DVD form at a Barnes & Noble near you.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ill definitely pick up that CD/DVD set eventually along with the new AC/DC live album out.
Meanwhile I still can't get enough of Houses album. Experimental and different to the albums before it is why I love it. They really needed to do something a little different, after IV I was left a little bit underwhelmed despite some of the decent songs on it.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
"Get the Led Out" and "Light and Shade: Conversations with Jimmy Page" are both 50% off at Barnes and Noble today. :bow:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online