Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Completely (somewhat) random thought: while I'm super happy they represented Led Zeppelin in the 70's portion of their little musical in the Olympics opening ceremony last night (I honestly didn't expect it), couldn't they have chosen a better song than "Trampled Under Foot"? Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome song... but they should've put something like "Whole Lotta Love" or "Rock and Roll" or "Kashmir" in there, something that said "Led Zeppelin kicks ass!". I guess I should just be happy that they were represented though. I bet half the audience didn't know the song though!

P.S. They're playing all of the indoor volleyball events at Earls Court. :grinthumb

Hardnecker

Reaction score
I found it refreshing that they chose a song that is not beaten to death by fm radio, Pandora, commercials etc. Trampled Under Foot clearly states that Zep kicks ass based on what I'm hearing. Physical Graffiti is also my favorite Zep record so I'm biased. I thought it was cool they were represented as well. British royalty.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I just wanted something more well known. Like I said though, just happy they were represented. Usually when Paul McCartney's anywhere around it doesn't usually happen. :heheh:

I love PG too. I think I'll listen to it right now.

Pink Floyd was in there twice. LOVED how they played "Eclipse" right after the lighting. Perfect moment. Definitive album for the Brits.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still love Candy Store Rock. Presence is a nice album overall.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
ledzepcover.jpg

Uncut presents Led Zeppelin: The Ultimate Music Guide Issue 10. Just as Robert Plant returns with a new band, and Jimmy Page releases his great lost album from the archives, Uncut celebrates their incredible band, Led Zeppelin.

As with Uncut's other highly successful Ultimate Music Guides, Issue 10: Led Zeppelin is a lavish 148-page document, dedicated to one of rock's most enduring acts. There are classic and revealing interviews, dug out of the NME and Melody Maker archives and, in many cases, unseen for years. There are perceptive, in-depth new reviews of every Led Zep album, incredible and rare photographs, and a guide to rarities that ensures The Ultimate Music Guide is an essential purchase for the band's army of fans. Led Zeppelin: The Ultimate Music Guide – Valhalla, we are coming!

This issue is available in all good UK newsagents, or available to order online here.

Bought this yesterday! Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I skimmed it and it looks like there's some good interviews in there as well as reviews of their entire discography. Worth the money!

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning
I was always led to believe that there were no Led Zep singles issued or released in the UK, a LZ management idea I think.

I bought this single many years ago in England and would like to know its history. It seems to be an import from the USA but know nothing about its history.

Any help would be appreciated.

zeppelin2.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.