LeAnn Rimes' "Gasoline and Matches" ft. Rob Thomas & Jeff Beck

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
LeAnn Rimes' Video 'Gasoline And Matches' Shot With IPhone

Leann Rimes shot the music video for "Gasoline and Matches" entirely on iPhone. The vid, featuring a guest vocal by Rob Thomas and guitar work from Jeff Beck, was directed by Ian Padgham and features stop motion animation.

Rimes and Thomas are featured in the visuals, which, however, focus mostly on the animation of toys, matchbooks, and a mini gasoline tank.

"When we saw Ian's stop motion work on Vine, the first thing I noticed was this crazy sick sense of humor wrapped around a lot of heart and warmth," Rimes said of the director.

"Gasoline and Matches" is a cut from Rimes latest album, Spitfire. Previous singles include "What Have I Done," "Borrowed" and the title track. The LP peaked at nine on Billboard's Top Country Albums.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Have always enjoyed that kind of animation, this one was good but not quite on the level of Gabriel's Sledgehammer...which remains one of the greatest videos ever done and one of the few I will watch.

Nice to hear Rob Thomas, and Beck is always good no matter what he's doing. I'll always associate Rimes with her first song "Blue",,,she's grown up a bit since then and looks a little different these days.;)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the animation is really cool....and to think it was shot with something as simple as an Iphone....

Of course the editing-movie making software done the magic :tup:

Beck has a decent guitar solo in the song, too!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It was enjoyable right up to the 'electro beat' for the last 30 seconds.:wtf:

:heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
yea, I wonder what's up wif dat?

:heheh:

Randy1961

King Of Floriduh
Reaction score
Is this a cover of the Buddy & Julie Miller song of the same title?

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Is this a cover of the Buddy & Julie Miller song of the same title?

Yes, Sir!

Here's a bit of LeAnn news...

LeAnn Rimes is celebrating Christmas in July with the announcement of a new holiday EP and tour. ONE Christmas -- chapter 1 will be released this holiday season featuring LeAnn's take on "Silent Night," "Blue Christmas," White Christmas" and "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" among other tracks. She'll kick off the eight-city ONE Christmas tour December 5 in Rutland, Vermont.

LeAnn says, "I love EVERYTHING about the holidays and want to share the magic and joy of the season with my fans. I look forward to playing some of my favorite Christmas classics for music lovers in an intimate, cozy setting.”

Look for LeAnn to follow up her ONE Christmas - chapter 1 EP with two additional installments to be released in 2015 and 2016, respectively.

Here is the ONE Christmas - chapter 1 track listing:

"Silent Night Holy Night"
"I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"
"Blue Christmas"
"Someday at Christmas"
"Hard Candy Christmas"
"White Christmas"

Really looking forward to those EPs! :woot:

Radagast

Reaction score
Show

Many years ago, I stood in line to purchase 2 tickets see 14 year old LeAnn Rimes perform in Norfolk, Va.. Following that purchase, I presented those tickets to the lady I was dating at that time. I told her that she and her friend should go have a nice time.
What I did not tell her was that I would rather do anything than attend a country music show . She went to that show and I went bar hopping in Va.Beach. It was never a relationship destined to last.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online