Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Aw hell nah

Votes: 23 79.3%

• Total voters

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Hell No!

I think that Gaga and Queen should not even be mentioned in the same sentence. <----Damn it! I just did it! :oyea:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Some people might not agree with me but I agree with this...to an extent. I think Gaga would fit into Queen quite well, better than Paul Rodgers did anyway (and that's not to knock Paul because I think he's one of the greatest male singers in the world today). I however would not want to see this be a long term thing. Maybe a couple years or something and one album like they did with Paul.

As far as people thinking this doesn't makes sense or that this would be a "glorified cover band" I think both are wrong. I don't think that Queen being fronted by a different singer is any more of a cover band than Deep Purple or Black Sabbath are/have been. And I could absolutely see Gaga wanting to do this because she looks up to Queen so much. It's kind of like how Alice Cooper just recently opened for the Rollings Stones. Alice has been a headliner for 40 years and still when he heard that the Stones were in need of a opener he decided to open for them just because they were his heroes.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
What the crap!? I hope, Brian and Roger didn't finally survived out of mind? IMO, Lady Gaga is just voiceless and ugly freak.2_sm25.gif
No offence, guys and girls.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Well if Queen was to carry on with another singer, most people know my vote.

First bring back Deacon

Second...get this guy

george-michael-fastlove.jpg

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Ritchie Blackmore stands a better chance of coming back to rock and roll than John Deacon coming out of retirement if you ask me. ;)

George Michael would be my ideal choice of singer to front Queen as well though, Priest. I've said that on more than a couple occasions. :D

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Some people might not agree with me but I agree with this...to an extent. I think Gaga would fit into Queen quite well, better than Paul Rodgers did anyway (and that's not to knock Paul because I think he's one of the greatest male singers in the world today). I however would not want to see this be a long term thing. Maybe a couple years or something and one album like they did with Paul.

As far as people thinking this doesn't makes sense or that this would be a "glorified cover band" I think both are wrong. I don't think that Queen being fronted by a different singer is any more of a cover band than Deep Purple or Black Sabbath are/have been. And I could absolutely see Gaga wanting to do this because she looks up to Queen so much. It's kind of like how Alice Cooper just recently opened for the Rollings Stones. Alice has been a headliner for 40 years and still when he heard that the Stones were in need of a opener he decided to open for them just because they were his heroes.

Agreed on all counts.

Maybe a one-off concert or a tour would be cool.

Personally, I think that the members of Queen should move on to other projects instead of trying to keep going on as Queen without Freddie Mercury (same goes for the Doors and all the other bands out there trying to relive their past glory even though key members are no longer of this world). I can see why moving on and letting go might be hard, but change is a part of life. That's part of why I respect Robert Plant so much even though I don't particularly like his music. He knows that he can't keep going back and singing Stairway to Heaven, and he's ready to move forward instead of looking back.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
If I was a bigger Gaga fan, I would say no. I definitely love Gaga but she's not one of my top 5 favorite modern pop acts. If she was I'd say she should stick with her own career and not join up with the remnants of Queen for what may be more of a nostalgia thing. IF Queen is interested in really working with Gaga and making something new, that would be wonderful. But when a veteran act meets up with a young buck, it's rare that the young'n gets to have a say in the proceedings.

But since I'm not literally counting down the days 'till the next Gaga release, I'd say this would be a really fitting collaboration and a great thing. You see bands like The Doors pick up these midlevel new singers to stand in for legendary frontmen, and in my mind it just never will work. Gaga will never be Freddie but she fits with Queen more than Paul Rodgers did, and if Gaga was there they would have a chance to actually carve out something interesting and relevant. It'd be like if the Doors had got Eddie Vedder instead of Ian Atsbury.

Agreed! :cheers2

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: !!!!!!!

No ! the fact that this IS even being considered turns my stomach :puke:
Come on Brian , don't be so eager to play that you reduce to a wannabe with a minor bit of talent to front the brilliance of your talent?

the very fact that GaGa fans consider you 'an aging rocker:rolleyes:' is proof enough for me.that her fans lack the maturity or grace that would befit your playing or Freddies' legend..find someone else PLEASE..:uh:

I assume this is directed at my previous comments, so here goes...

What I mean is, Gaga appeals to a much younger, pop-driven audience (mostly 20's and under). I doubt that half of her fans even know who Queen is outside of songs like "We Will Rock You" and "We Are the Champions". Doesn't mean they lack any sort of traits (just because someone isn't into classic rock, which doesn't apply to anyone here, doesn't make them a social pariah... but I'm thinking a lot of Gaga fans fit into that category of appreciating more pop or dance inspired tunes rather than 70's and 80's rock).

I don't speak for all Gaga fans (I find her entertaining but she's no Led Zeppelin to me. I can live without her) so please don't generalize just by my comments. There seems to be a lot of pop bashing on this forum. Like it or not, pop and rock are musical relatives. They are often times influenced by the other. We all appreciate different things, let's embrace that! I appreciate your opinion on the matter. :grinthumb

So you see, the pairing of a contemporary pop artist with a 70's/80's rock giant would benefit Queen but in the longrun hurt Lady Gaga. They're appealing to two completely different audiences with different tastes. Classic rock and pop fans such as AAG or myself may appreciate it and recognize the effort, but the younger fans or older fans alike who like one or the other may not really get it. Can you really expect a die hard Queen fan to appreciate someone wearing a meat dress singing "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy"?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online