• Yes

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Aw hell nah

Votes: 23 79.3%

• Total voters

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score
Saw this in a small article of the newspaper.

Although Lady Gaga has a successful solo career, Gaga may become the new lead singer of Queen if Queen guitarist Brian May can persuade Gaga to take the gig left vacant after the death of Freddie Mercury in 1991 and the departure of Paul Rodgers in 2009.

According to NME, the remaining members of Queen want Lady Gaga to be their new lead singer, a position left unfilled since the exit of Paul Rodgers in 2009. Queen guitarist Brian May, who collaborated with Lady Gaga on "You And I," mentioned in a recent interview that Queen wants to get back on tour and have talked about Lady Gaga as their new lead singer.

When asked about Queen getting back to live music, Brian May brought up the idea of Lady Gaga. "We talk about going out on the road all the time," said May, "but there's a bit of a singer problem, to put it mildly. We get a lot of offers to work with other people. I worked with Lady Gaga and she's very creative and is someone we've talked about singing, fronting the band with. She's not just a singer, she writes her own material."

In addition to Lady Gaga as the new lead singer of Queen, Brian May also talked about an idea for a TV show in which Queen would do duets with various artists and that Lady Gaga was on board to work on a duet with Queen.

Should Lady Gaga front Queen?
The Deadbolt News - Lady Gaga to Front Queen?

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Lady Gaga is a massively successful solo artist in her own right. Why she would want to front Queen is beyond me. I don't think it'll ever happen despite how badly Brian May wants it to. I absolutely hate You and I too.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I say no and honestly it's more concerning Lady Gagas career. Why the Hell would she want to front a glorified cover band when she has her niche right now and is massively successful with what she does now. Now a one off maybe like a song collaboration or one gimmick tour, why not? It'd be interesting if nothing else but a career change, aw Hell no? They need more of a shot of adrenaline than she does right now because one's in their don't know when to quit stage and the other is just reaching their prime. Let Lady Gaga make her own music and make subtle tweaks throughout her career as she grows as an artist and let Queen get an unknown talent for their band and maybe it will evolve into a different Queen and actually be cool! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Big no. Lady Gaga would get her one big shot of fame, as if she needs it, and Queen would lose some of my respect for it.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
lol-que-12628-1314060588-36.jpg

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Gaga definitely possesses that flamboyant stage persona that Freddie Mercury symbolized and has shown her impressive singing chops on several occasions, but I just don't see her agreeing to it. Maybe in a few years if her 15 minutes are up and she wants to extend them a little. I can't see her wanting to share her fame and fortune with a bunch of aging rockers at this point in her career. She's too new to the game and making a killing.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online