Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: King Diamond

Sorry Lou, I only have one KD album, and no Mercyful Fate CD's...:think:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Does anyone know of a MERCYFUL FATE album " Curse of the Pharaohs " ? ? i have a copy and its a bit of an oddity. it has 11 tracks...sound quality not brilliant....no sign of any year it was released or record label...presume its a demo / or bootleg........what makes it so bizarre is on the vinyl middle section it says Satans Nightmare instead of Mercyful fate..:wtf:

Curse of the Pharaos is a bootleg that was released in 1985 on vinyl only.

track listing:

Curse of the Pharaohs
Return of the Vampire
Corpse Without Soul
Burning the Cross
Walking Back to Hell

Running Free
Black Masses
Hard Rocker
Combat Zone
Love Criminals
Missions-Destroy Aliens

Some of these songs don't appear on any official releases. Wish I had it :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Yay!!:cheers: Thats the ONE :grinthumb!!! Thanks for that my freind!......if thats a hint youd like my copy then its a deal ..maybe we should do a swap?:)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

King Diamond is an all-out freaking badass. Here's a pic I took inspired by him... unfortunately I couldn't find my top hat (but it was pure white anyway!)

'Course I know him more for Mercyful Fate's material than for his later stuff. Plus he gave the highlight performance of OzzFest 08 no doubts. (worth posting again!)

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Nightmare ~ Mercyful Fate

61Xxu%2B589qL.jpg

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

I like King Diamond pretty well. I used to play them on the radio occasionally for a few years until I got a listener complaint insisting they were Satanic metal one time after playing them.

Since this person listened to me regularly and the complaint also trickled up to station management (the manager at the time was an asshole), I ended up removing them from my shows to avoid further hassle since I wasn't necessarily a favorite of management anyway for spending "too much time talking" on the mic. (Heaven forbid I give people background information on some of the artists)

Not one of my prouder moments while broadcasting, since I valued my integrity as a host, but it does sort of fit in with the Money For Nothing thread pretty well.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Up From The Grave

Creepy Stuff

Love the spoken bits and the "la la las"

king.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads