King Crimson (Official Thread)

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I still haven't got the Poseidon album. Need to find time. :uh: Another friend of mine was suggesting to rather get Larks' Tongues In Aspic next. But I don't know. Generally I prefer going down the discography chronologically.

I want to mention something about Moonchild here from the debut album. 2-1/2 minutes of actual song and 10 minutes of... instrument tuning? This is true prog rock excess! :gig But honestly, sometimes I will happily listen to the entire 12 min... if I'm in a very laid back relaxed mood.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'm the same MW I like to follow a band chronologically, most of the time.

If you want to really skip ahead go past "Larks..." and get "Red", I'd be curious to hear your thoughts if you did that.:D

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
40 Years Ago

Red

515XWx6AAFL._SY355_.jpg

:grinthumb

Tonight was the last night of the King Crimson American tour.
Caught one of the nights in NYC and was glad to finally see the epic 70's King Crimson songs performed live for the first time. For those unaware since 1980 when Adrian Belew joined the band KC hasn't performed any vocal KC from the 70's. This year Fripp threw Belew out of the added their old brass master Mel Collins. That along with Tony Levin, three drummers (Bill Rieflin, Pat Mastelotto and Gavin Harrison) and a new singer Jakko Jakszyk. With the new lineup Fripp decided to do what he said he wouldn't do which is play old songs. KC played three songs from their 2 and 3rd albums all not played since 72 (Pictures of a City, The Letters, Sailor's Tale)
along with three songs not played since 74 (Larks Tongue in Aspic 1&2, Starless and One More Red Nightmare(from Red but never played live)). The ended the night with the stunning 21st Century Schizoid Man anoth song not played with vocals since 74. great tour which I believe is now headed to Europe.

here is a good review of the show

'King Crimson': Concert Review - The Hollywood Reporter

Khor1255

Reaction score
Now I want to see them live. Thanks for the info.

Set List

Lark's Tongue in Aspic 1

A Scarcity of Miracles

Hells Bells

Level Five

The Letters

Sailor's Tale

"interlude"

The Construktion of Light

Red

One More Red Nightmare

VROOM