Kick Axe

joe

Reaction score
Ah Magic, you brought back some memories for me. I saw Kick Axe in a club here in Victoria almost 25 years ago. Great show.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Kick Axe seems to be very popular in Canada (they are from Saskatchewan). They give concerts as the headline band quite frequently in Canada........

It would be nice to see them as a headliner in the US...they really are a good band!

joe

Reaction score
They packed them in at this particular "rocker" club. I remember glasses being broke all over the place. This place was friggin' rowdy. Good times.:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Was this in the 80's Joe?

They were a bit younger then and full of mischief. I can see them getting rowdy back in the day.......

I bet you had a good time, too :D

joe

Reaction score
Ya Magic, early '80's sometime. It was in the summer and the place was just smokin' hot. I came out of there soaked. A few brawls after closing capped off an entertaining night.:D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
This is a Magic thread! :omg: :heheh:

I bought this album at the pawn shop for two bucks after seeing it and remembering seeing the name in this forum.

Welcome To The Club
1248308584_kick-axe-welcome-to-the-club-1985.jpg

I was banking it was a MetalPriest thread but this was a pleasant surprise Momma Metal Queen! :D I listened to the one track from the album you posted and it's not bad. I'll let you know what I think when I've heard the album in it's entirety. :cheers2

Just saw that cover you posted was on that same album and after listening to it that made the purchase worth it alone. I was just getting into the song after buying the Joe Cocker album that had the studio version. Honestly, I haven't heard a version of this song that didn't surpass the original for me. Great cover though! Who'd of thought that song was so seamlessly made for metal. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusanStone

Members online