Keith Richards slams Led Zeppelin and The Who

TMG

Titus Maximus Headphonius
Reaction score
I never listen to this washed-up old crackhead, in fact he's so inconsequential I can't even be bothered ignoring him.

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
I can only say that these comments remind me of the sort of things that Liam Gallagher used to say in his Oasis days by winding up other bands and artists. This is not a compliment! I don't care, I'm just going to ignore him, it must be a strategy to get attention as it's getting quite tiresome by now.

FWIW, I think Zep > Stones anyway. The Zeppelin catalogue is leaner and meaner than that of the Stones, who have a lot more albums but also a lot more rubbish whereas in my opinion there are no bad LZ releases and they have very few bad songs.

JimJam

Reaction score
I can only say that these comments remind me of the sort of things that Liam Gallagher used to say in his Oasis days by winding up other bands and artists. This is not a compliment! I don't care, I'm just going to ignore him, it must be a strategy to get attention as it's getting quite tiresome by now.

FWIW, I think Zep > Stones anyway. The Zeppelin catalogue is leaner and meaner than that of the Stones, who have a lot more albums but also a lot more rubbish whereas in my opinion there are no bad LZ releases and they have very few bad songs.

By my reckoning, the Stones have not put out a truly great album since Some Girls in 1978. Plenty of good ones but nothing i would remotely call consistently great on the scale of classic Stones.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
By my reckoning, the Stones have not put out a truly great album since Some Girls in 1978. Plenty of good ones but nothing i would remotely call consistently great on the scale of classic Stones.

spot on JimJam....:bow::grinthumb

Romulus

Reaction score
Rolling Stones more of an institution then must see exiting band.

I must admit I never felt the urge to see Rolling Stones live because the excitement as a Rock band was not there for me. However I did like Painted Black and Ruby Tuesday. But when they released Jumpin Jack Flash it was such a predictable song without any decent guitars. Now Led Zeppelin was definitely an exiting group which I loved to have seen live in their prime youth years. Their lead singer Robert Plant was for me a phenomenon who's voice was so iconic in the Rock world. Because of his effect we got Ian Gillan for Deep Purple via Richie Blackmore who liked this new singing style of Robert Plant.

Reaction score
What a bitter old curmudgeon. He's also referred to Black Sabbath and Metallica as "great jokes". When I read that I immediately lost what little respect I had for the man.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online