Keith Richards may be snubbed from Pirates of the Caribbean 4

OptimisticFutureBlues

Pschonautic Outlaw
Reaction score
And I'm sure that that's not nearly the extent of the dirt on Depp's record. I'm sure that he's far from squeaky clean.

Adding to that, we're talking about a franchise revolving around a man whose number one priority at all times is how he might acquire his next bottle of rum. Come on, now.

Oh god if disney did without the rum it wouldn't even be a pirate movie. I'm sure there was at least one conversation about it. If I was a betting man, I would bet that they put rum in there occasionally to add cheeky humor and connect with the older audiences who get dragged to the theater. It all traces back to them trying to please the audience and how much it makes on opening weekend.

Matter of fact I remember a trailer for one of the pirate movies where Depp was saying something cheeky about the rum.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nothing to excess is healthy, drugs, alcohol, the major problem with most rock stars are the endless hours of sheer boredom between gigs and being away from their families and loved ones. Add to that the resources to get whatever you want and you have a recipe for disaster.

You and DOC are both young and in the prime of your lives, when experimenting with everything is fun and has no lasting consequences, which is true enough for the moment. A lifetime of hard excessive drug use is not something I would choose no matter how wealthy and famous I was, but to each their own.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Nothing to excess is healthy, drugs, alcohol, the major problem with most rock stars are the endless hours of sheer boredom between gigs and being away from their families and loved ones. Add to that the resources to get whatever you want and you have a recipe for disaster.

You and DOC are both young and in the prime of your lives, when experimenting with everything is fun and has no lasting consequences, which is true enough for the moment. A lifetime of hard excessive drug use is not something I would choose no matter how wealthy and famous I was, but to each their own.

Well, both of my parents were heroin addicts throughout my childhood, and my dad suffered a really bad relapse last year. So...I wouldn't really say that I'm in favor of hard drugs. It's just that I don't think we can deny the impact that they've had on many of our favorite artists.

Would Hendrix or the Beatles have been great musicians without using LSD? Yes, of course. But I find it incredibly unlikely that they would have made a lot of the music that they did without it. Same goes for Keith and heroin, and countless other musicians, writers, and artists and a plethora of other substances. It's not good, it's not bad, it just is.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Staff online

Members online