Keith Emerson is dead

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
It appears that it was depression due to medical problems that affected his ability to perform that drove him to this. Very sad and tragic. I was a huge ELP fan back in the 1970's. The first two rock concerts I went to were ELP back in 1978 in Springfield, MA. I posted these old snapshots in a ELP thread awhile back...

http://www.angelfire.com/art/jeffmc4/

Anyway, I was a little confused about what exactly happened when the news first hit, but it does appear to be a suicide. I was unaware of his recent medical problems and depression. I read in at least one article that he had surgery in 2010 for a colon problem. It will be interesting to see if any additional facts come out. Obviously it was a very drastic and tragic decision on his part. He must have been really suffering, both mentally and physically.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I won't be hypocritical and pretend that I was ever a fan of The Nice or ELP but this news nevertheless has come as a big shock and has very much saddened me, especially to hear Keith took his own life :(

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
According to Greg Lake, Keith Emerson had been struggling with depression since the late 1970's, something that is a surprise to me. Keith always seemed so confident on stage, almost arrogant at times. Of course it's the younger Keith Emerson that I remember the most.

It's a week later and I'm still stunned by what happened. I'll let someone who knew him personally give his thoughts about what happened, and accept it as the truth...

Greg Lake Wasn't Shocked By Keith Emerson's Suicide - Blabbermouth.net

Edit to add link to original article...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/obituaries/652126/Emerson-Lake-Palmer-bandmate-feared-for-ELP-star-Keith-Emerson

R.I.P. Keith Emerson

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online

Members online