Kate Nash

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Kate Nash
600full-kate-nash.jpg

Since we have a Lily Allen thread I'll post an artist with a similar vibe. Kate Nash is a pop songwriter/artist from England who also has a noticeable accent, witty empowering lyrics and a snarky attitude. I own both of her albums after getting the second one dirt cheap at the Borders clearance sale. She has some pretty fun sassy songs! :grinthumb

I own these two:

46314.jpg
Kate-Nash-My-Best-Friend-Is-You-Front-Cover-39014.jpg

Here are my standout favorite tracks:

Foundations
(single off the first album)

[GROOVESHARK]25283000[/GROOVESHARK]
(very Regina Spectorish)

[GROOVESHARK]25282983[/GROOVESHARK]
(second album single)

Paris (Live)

[GROOVESHARK]25282991[/GROOVESHARK]
(a Yeah, Yeah, Yeah's styled rocker)

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score
I love these guys! She is a little like Lily Allen with the English accent! I loved listening to "Paris" and "Pickpocket"! I like the piano twingle in both songs (twingle, couldn't think of anything else to describe it with):heheh:

I think these two need to be added to the long list in the car. :grinthumb

The first song "Foundations" got me hooked! (Gotta say love the style they set the music clip in) The last song, "I Just Love You More" surprised me! A lot more beatier and heavier. It felt a little darker for her compared to her other songs which have that bright light pop sound. Nice works Soots :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The female vocal stylings I've come to expect from you but with a british accent. :heheh: :grinthumb

All the songs are catchy. Good tunes. :cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The female vocal stylings I've come to expect from you but with a british accent. :heheh: :grinthumb

All the songs are catchy. Good tunes. :cheers2

Need to check it out..NEVER HEARD OF HER.

Not my typical artist though MP. She's far from a piano goddess. :heheh: She's on my poppy side though.

Phil, we do have artist in common so you might like her but she's very pop! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online