Kanye West Fans Never Heard of Macca

Lady Stardust

Reaction score
The tweets in that article are too funny. I can't say I am very familiar with any of Kanye West's music (just haven't gotten around to listening, whatever this is will probably be my introduction), but he has conducted himself like quite a jerk in public. For a long time I thought he was this dumb young kid that was gonna start learning from his mistakes any day now (especially after President Obama called him a jackass), then I googled him and found out he is older than me! :gig

I have to believe McCartney sees something in him that we don't.

Dave Chapelle's assessment of Kanye makes me laugh so much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4SYIfhzMmU#t=4m00s

-Diana

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
The tweets in that article are too funny. I can't say I am very familiar with any of Kanye West's music (just haven't gotten around to listening, whatever this is will probably be my introduction), but he has conducted himself like quite a jerk in public. For a long time I thought he was this dumb young kid that was gonna start learning from his mistakes any day now (especially after President Obama called him a jackass), then I Googled him and found out he is older than me! :gig

I have to believe McCartney sees something in him that we don't.

Dave Chapelle's assessment of Kanye makes me laugh so much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4SYIfhzMmU#t=4m00s

-Diana

That pretty well sums him up. :gig I think you are right though. Paul is not stupid, so he must see something. He sure doesn't need the money! :heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
This. Add gullible internet people to that who are eager to hate "dumb kids today" (here too apparently) and you've got an avalanche of unwarranted "d'oh" posts.

But even if some of those young fans DON'T know who Paul McCartney is, that's perfectly uderstandable isn't it? I didn't discover classic rock until I was 14, and that was 25 years ago. Imagine how big the threshold must be nowadays.

As for

The man may be a bit of a jerk, but he is a talented artist. Way more creative than the average hiphop thug. Not your cup of tea maybe, but just because he's not an elder statesman of classic rock, doesn't mean he doesn't deserve some credit.

I'm with you on this one Luderei! My favorite music artist is Billy Corgan so I'm used to loving an artists work that runs their mouth like diarrhea. :heheh: That's not the only commonality I see between Kanye and Billy. I respect the guy as he's very creative and bold musically. Each album like the Pumpkins is in a completely different direction than the next. As far as Hip-Hop artist there's others I like more but as far as the top 40 ones that are in the forefront of popular music he's definitely my favorite even edging out Eminem overall. :)

As far as the McCartney track, it's far from Kanyes best work. Still, I don't see McCartney as having a long list of working with artist he wouldn't have respect for. To have an actual legendary musician collaborate with you must be saying something despite the negatives of people who just hate an artist because of the genre or they read to many bloated gossip headlines.

As far as younger generations not knowing McCartney, there's such a conveniently swinging pendulum here. It goes from, this era was better and everyone remembers or will forever know these artist to "Oh stupid kids and their generation! They don't know such and such artist!" Well, which is it? :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He's beyond a jerk. To do what he did to a disabled fan is disgusting. He's a pathetic excuse of a human being. If people like his music that's their prerogative but don't idolize this guy too much because he is a horrible example to his own fanbase.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
He's beyond a jerk. To do what he did to a disabled fan is disgusting. He's a pathetic excuse of a human being.

Didn't you already express that? :heheh: The followups on that showed it was overblown and what was shown or reported wasn't even 100% accurate. Either way, I don't pay an artist to be my friend or even to be an upstanding person. I pay him for his work and whether their art is consistent to what i want from them. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
When it comes to douchebaggery I can still support the music given plenty of bands I like have jackass members. lol
Just depends, if a member ends up being something ****ed up like a rapist, **** or of the variety then I couldn't support that.

Blown out of proportion or not it was still an incredibly pathetic thing to do. More power to those who dig his music but I just can't stand him as a person.
Probably did already say that but forgot about it. Kind of wanted to expand on it.

Yeah, I'm lucky I haven't run across that dilemma. I mean, I have a Lostprophets album from way before that whole sick event was revealed but it's not like it was ever an album or band I ever got connected to on a deep level. Aside from that it was a whole band aside from that one creep and it's not like they wrote songs about.......never mind, not worth even mentioning the crime again! :wtf:

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Wow, just looked up that Lostprophets thing.../\/\/\ DISGUSTING

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Everyone finds The Beatles eventually. They get sick of the garbage that the current crop of "artists" are churning out and they start looking for something better. That's why every generation "discovers" The Beatles, it's why their music keeps selling. If Kanye's fans haven't found The Beatles yet, don't worry, they will.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online