Kansas sign deal for album no.15

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
KANSAS SIGN DEAL FOR ALBUM NO.15

12c79168-d192-4791-b29b-36b30357599c.jpg

They team up with InsideOut Music for follow-up to 2000’s Somewhere To Elsewhere

Kansas have signed a deal with InsideOut for the release of their upcoming 15th album.

They previously confirmed they’d returned to the studio to begin work on their first material since Somewhere To Elsewhere in 2000 – and their debut with vocalist Ronnie Platt.

Drummer Phil Ehart says: “We could not be more enthused about signing with InsideOut. They are the greatest Prog music label on the planet and we are very proud to be a part of their stable of artists.

“It’s our first album of new music in 15 years and we are very happy to be working with the great team at InsideOut.”

Ehart and Platt are joined in the lineup by bassist Billy Greer, keyboardist David Manion, guitarist and violinist David Ragsdale and guitarist Richard Williams.

They release documentary Miracles Out Of Nowhere earlier this year and are currently touring the US.

LINK: Kansas sign deal for album no.15 - Classic Rock

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Sounds good. I hope Kerry will write some songs, whether he performs or not.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I can confidently say that if if Kerry Livgren didn't write songs, I wouldn't listen to Kansas as much as I do. I really hope they get something good out. It's been awhile!

And not taking anything away from Steve's writing, or what the current group can do.

I haven't heard too much Native Window, but what I have heard sounds really good.

I'm hoping for a return to the classic sound: lots of violin, great harmonies, etc.

Metal Health

Reaction score
And not taking anything away from Steve's writing, or what the current group can do.

I haven't heard too much Native Window, but what I have heard sounds really good.

I'm hoping for a return to the classic sound: lots of violin, great harmonies, etc.

That's exactly what I'm looking for too. By the way, Steve Walsh isn't with the group anymore. He left in mid 2014. I don't know who will be writing these songs.

Last edited:

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm looking for too. By the way, Steve Walsh isn't with the group anymore. He left in mid 2014. I don't know who will be writing these songs.

Oh, I know Steve left. I was referring to the fact Steve & Kerry were the main (or exclusive) writers during the classic period.

I've only heard/seen Ronnie Platt on some youtube videos of live performances. He never recorded an album with Shooting Star, so it's hard to get a handle on his voice. I'm sure he's good if the band chose him.

I hope writing will be done by the group as a whole. Looking at the track listing for Native Window's one album, only one track had Billy Greer as writer. The rest had people mostly not in the band as writers.

This is kinda funny since these guys have talked about wanting to do a new Kansas album for years despite Steve not wanting to do new material. If they didn't write for the NW album, who's gonna write for a new Kansas album?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online