K.K Downing retires from Judas Priest

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
So, until they rock out their "final" tour and then go back into the studio to make another album and tour again, I'll hold them to it, that this is it. Makes me sad, but at the same time, they've had a hell of a run and if they are quitting on their own terms, then I raise my glass in salute of one of the greatest bands all time!

:cheers2

I second that, they are among the most innovative metal bands of all time.:bow:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ill add to it too, hats off to him for contributing to one of the greatest heavy metal bands of all time :)

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockmagazine.com

KK Downing has released a statement on his reasons for retiring from Judas Priest.

This is what he says:

“Dear friends,

“It is with much regret that I will not be with you this summer.

“Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your concerns about my health. Please rest assured that I am OK.

“There has been an ongoing breakdown in working relationship between myself, elements of the band, and the band’s management for some time. Therefore I have decided to step down rather than to tour with negative sentiments as I feel that this would be a deception to you, our cherished fans. However, I would urge you to please support the Priest as I have no doubt that it will be a show not to be missed.

“All my love and respect.”

k.k.%20Downing.jpg

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Only slightly related, but the same press release seems to mention that on this tour Priest plans to play music from every single studio album ever released.

I'll believe that when I hear something from Demolition or Jugulator at these shows, albums which Rob Halford actually promised to represent in concert upon returning to Priest but never did.

(Meanwhile Bruce Dickinson still plays Blaze Bayley songs live with Maiden).

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Only slightly related, but the same press release seems to mention that on this tour Priest plans to play music from every single studio album ever released.

I'll believe that when I hear something from Demolition or Jugulator at these shows, albums which Rob Halford actually promised to represent in concert upon returning to Priest but never did.

Yeah, I wondered about that when I first heard it myself. Guess we'll find out when they do. I wonder what they'd play off of Rocka Rolla

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.