K.K Downing retires from Judas Priest

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Very unfortunate to see him retire, but it's also a good thing to see that they've quickly found a replacement. May not be the same, but at least they aren't going under completely.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Stinks cuz they are not only losing a guitarist who knows the songs like the back of his hand but they are losing the guy who helped write a lot of that material. His writing will be missed on future albums, that's for sure.

fielding

Reaction score
This will probably be the last of Judas Priest after this tour. So bummed out about KK. Tipton and Downing are one of the best guitarist combos ever.

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
Agreed, I'm gutted. They must have had such a rapport after all those years together, good luck to the new boy though. :grinthumb

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Agreed, I'm gutted. They must have had such a rapport after all those years together, good luck to the new boy though. :grinthumb

It is a big break for him and I can imagine it is a thrill of a lifetime for a young guy like that to be able to be a part of such a historic band. I bet he is on cloud nine.

I'm less worried about the live shows than I am a new album, though.

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
The ticket price here, to see this tour, was a bit salty for me, and I wonder if the 'purists' will now be somewhat put off going to see them? I hope not, because it's about the music, after all.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I can safely say I've purchased my last Judas Priest studio album.

Stinks cuz they are not only losing a guitarist who knows the songs like the back of his hand but they are losing the guy who helped write a lot of that material. His writing will be missed on future albums, that's for sure.

This will probably be the last of Judas Priest after this tour. So bummed out about KK. Tipton and Downing are one of the best guitarist combos ever.

By all indications made last year when this current world tour was first announced, that this was the end of Judas Priest and that the band would be retiring following this tour. Take it for what it's worth, but unlike bands like the Stones and the Who each having seemingly a dozen "farewell" tours over the years, Priest has never done that.

So, until they rock out their "final" tour and then go back into the studio to make another album and tour again, I'll hold them to it, that this is it. Makes me sad, but at the same time, they've had a hell of a run and if they are quitting on their own terms, then I raise my glass in salute of one of the greatest bands all time!

:cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online