K.K Downing retires from Judas Priest

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
NEWS: K.K. Downing retires from Judas Priest
It is with regret that Judas Priest announce that K.K. Downing has formally retired from the band and will therefore not be joining them on their forthcoming Epitaph tour.

The band respect his decision and naturally all wish him well.

Having thought long and hard about how to proceed, Rob, Glenn, Ian and Scott unanimously agreed that they should go ahead with the tour and not let the fans down all around the world.

Fate also stepped in and delivered the perfect replacement – 31 year old British guitar player Richie Faulkner – He has blended into the band perfectly and is a great talent who is going to help set the stage on fire!

The Epitaph tour will include songs from every Priest studio album and also tracks they have never before performed on stage plus all the old favourites!

With a new album due to be released next year the Metal Gods are preparing to tour the planet once more – heavy metal at its best complete with lasers, lights, bikes and hellfire!! It’s a show not to be missed!!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Ok, I'm officially bummed. KK and Ian Hill were the two guys that started the band together way back in the like '68 or '69.

*sniffle*

Must scoure the interwebs looking for a reason. I sure hope that it's just something like "want to spend time at home" and not a feud or far worse, some illness.

Here is the official press release from Judas Priest's website (.pdf file / safe to grab, I've checked it, however it does say the exact same thing as the link in the first post)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
^^^ I guess I never realized Britain had hillbillies.

:heheh: Guy looks like he could play guitar for Hank Williams III or Shooter Jennings. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:heheh:

Here's another one and a video of his playing ...he might fit Priest but it can't be as good as KK

With Lauren Harris

Playing some Floyd

2579190646_ffc6570c1c.jpg

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
This is madness.

I can safely say I've purchased my last Judas Priest studio album.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I guess it's bound to happen.. but really sad news since they were such a tight band...:uh: KK.. your a guitar god in my book!!!

:oy:

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online