July 13, 1964

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I just had to post this before I leave since we're talking covers. Here's Haley Reinhart from this season's Idol covering The Animals. I thought it was fantastic. :grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
^^^^ Wasn't sure about that one at the start of the song, but once it got a bit into it, I really liked it. Nice bluesy feel to it. Tints of Janis Joplin influence there, I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: Ok ****. Get to the about the 1:15 minute mark and listen to it. This chick is giving me goosebumps! WOW!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Although the details are sketchy at best, I think EB & The Animals were considered a groundbreaking live band back in the 60's. In fact their appearance on the "Ed Sullivan" show was considered to be very influential back then.

Garrett might know more than I do about it though.

Was it? I had no idea. As far as I've always known The Animals were the band to spark the British Invasion....but they never really did anything outside of "House Of The Rising Sun".

I just had to post this before I leave since we're talking covers. Here's Haley Reinhart from this season's Idol covering The Animals. I thought it was fantastic. :grinthumb

Haley was one of the singers that I wanted to win Idol this past season starting with her performance of "Bennie and the Jets" and "House Of The Rising Sun" was one of my favorite of her performances. :grinthumb

Speaking of the Devil though, this song came up on my iPod while I was at work and it sparked a really nice conversation about it. :flirt

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
^^^ Her performance of I Who Have Nothing gave me goosebumps. She even covered Zeppelin. :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
What a great voice - did she go on to win it?

No, unfortunately, and don't even get me started on who did win it. :rolleyes:

Haley was the resident rocker chick this season. She did a little Zeppelin, Animals, Elton John, Fleetwood Mac and even some Adele. She was awesome. :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Was it? I had no idea. As far as I've always known The Animals were the band to spark the British Invasion....but they never really did anything outside of "House Of The Rising Sun".

I am pretty sure I saw a segment about them on PBS during one of their pledge breaks.

When they were doing Ed Sullivan, they mentioned the show the Animals put on which was just so much more intense than previous bands it stood apart.

I think they did have a couple other notable songs Cosmic,,,but I don't have any of their albums myself...perhaps I should get their best one just for Historical purposes.:D

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I don't know much of their stuff either, but I know We Gotta Get Out of This Place and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood were also semi-big hits for them as well. Unfortunately "House..." is one of those songs that overshadowed everything else they did because it became such an iconic song.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Those are two I forgot about Jen...I actually love the extended cover version "Santa Esmerelda" did of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood. Of course part of that is the far better sound quality compared to the Animals original.

Many bands have covered We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place, Blue Oyster Cult being one of the better ones.

You are sharp this morning young lady...:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online