July 13, 1964

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

On July 13, 1964

zzrr17abkkjazark.jpg

The Animals went to No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'The House Of The Rising Sun.' Recorded in one take, this was the first UK No.1 to have a playing time of more than four minutes.

Source: This Day In Music

The Animals

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like that song,,,it's about the only EC & the Animals song I can remember.:grinthumb

And some people might not realize the significance of a longer song making a breakthrough on radio.

Without songs like this one, and others that followed they would never have played Peter Frampton's massive hit song "Do You Feel Like We Do?"...on radio except an edited version.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I like that song,,,it's about the only EC & the Animals song I can remember.:grinthumb

It's the only one that I even know by them. :heheh:

I really love the chord progression for this song. It's fantastic. A ways ago I saw some unknown bar musician play this song and it was so powerful. I wish I could have had his version because it was so much better than either The Animals' or Muse's version (sorry Tray).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It's the only one that I even know by them. :heheh:

Although the details are sketchy at best, I think EB & The Animals were considered a groundbreaking live band back in the 60's. In fact their appearance on the "Ed Sullivan" show was considered to be very influential back then.

Garrett might know more than I do about it though.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^...That's not a bad cover, but I prefer the original myself, even though the sound quality is not as good.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online