Judge orders search for Casey Kasem.

Fever

Reaction score
It appears Casey Kasem's whereabouts are unknown and a judge has ordered an investigation.Kasem suffers from Parkinson's disease.

Casey Kasem's whereabouts unknown: Investigator ordered to track down ailing radio host | Fox News

Where is Casey Kasem? Judge concerned about radio legend's safety, whereabouts - NY Daily News
Judge Expresses Concerns Over Casey Kasem's Safety - ABC News

Casey Kasem’s daughter named temporary conservator for father

I listened to American Top 40 all the time as a kid and now lots of radio stations are airing the old 70's and 80's show every weekend.I usually try to catch both shows and it brings back lots of memories.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is sad news indeed, hopefully he is alright. His voice is part of my childhood-teenage years too, unforgettable and he introduced me to many bands back in the day.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I've been sort of watching this story unfold over the past several months. I don't know exactly wtf the deal is with his wife, but she doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with his kids from his first wife. I'm not sure about the kid they had together or how much he/she is involved in any of this.

I do know that the one daughter (Julie) tried to get conservatorship of Casey last year and was denied by a judge, but now a judge has granted at least temporary conservatorship to Kerri. I don't think this is about money with the kids (but I could be wrong), but rather that there is something really ****ed up going on with his wife Jean. It's really kind of odd since they've been married for like 35 years. I don't know if it's about $ so much as it's about "I'm in charge" because some people just want to have the "power".

*sigh*

Thankfully I'll be busted-ass broke by the time I die so my kids/wife won't have anything to fight over other than who is going to foot the bill for the cremation. I've told them all to grab a can of gas and a box of matches and just do it up in the backyard. $5 and I'm out of their hair forever.

:D

(you think I'm joking?)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
If I was to offer any advice to anyone about preparing things before you leave this world...put your assets into life insurance if you want your family to be taken care of. Sell your cabin, keep only one permanent residence, divest your stocks tidy everything up.

I'm not sure about other countries but in Canada life insurance is tax free when you pay it out, everything else the government takes a big slice of the money. (The sale of the primary residence is also tax free here.) Learned about all this the hard way when my Dad passed away, took us over a month to track down all his assets and figure everything out. Life insurance is one phone call and a little paperwork and it's done.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
A judge in LA can order an investigation all he wants, but if Casey is now out of the country then it's out of his jurisdiction, and there's nothing to investigate beyond maybe finding some witnesses who will testify "....sure, he got on that plane, over there" ....

Seems a weird story, though actually not all that much of one really, here in Manhattan like in most cities we have 100's of confused people with mental problems wandering the streets, homeless mostly, and as far as I can tell nobody cares about them, or is looking for them.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I've been sort of watching this story unfold over the past several months. I don't know exactly wtf the deal is with his wife, but she doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with his kids from his first wife. I'm not sure about the kid they had together or how much he/she is involved in any of this.

I do know that the one daughter (Julie) tried to get conservatorship of Casey last year and was denied by a judge, but now a judge has granted at least temporary conservatorship to Kerri. I don't think this is about money with the kids (but I could be wrong), but rather that there is something really ****ed up going on with his wife Jean. It's really kind of odd since they've been married for like 35 years. I don't know if it's about $ so much as it's about "I'm in charge" because some people just want to have the "power".

*sigh*

Thankfully I'll be busted-ass broke by the time I die so my kids/wife won't have anything to fight over other than who is going to foot the bill for the cremation. I've told them all to grab a can of gas and a box of matches and just do it up in the backyard. $5 and I'm out of their hair forever.

:D

(you think I'm joking?)

There may be a fight over who gets to light the first match :oyea:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow......I had no idea this whole ordeal was going on.......and it DISGUSTS me!!!

I have seen this scenario occur many times before in the nursing home I worked at. It is never about money, it's about revenge & control. The only one to suffer is the patient.

I'm sure Kasem had a Will drawn up years ago, before his illness. So fighting over his estate & money would be fruitless...........the only thing left to fight over is a very sick old man & who can control his care.

The whole ordeal is sickening!!!!!

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Wow......I had no idea this whole ordeal was going on.......and it DISGUSTS me!!!

I have seen this scenario occur many times before in the nursing home I worked at. It is never about money, it's about revenge & control. The only one to suffer is the patient.

I'm sure Kasem had a Will drawn up years ago, before his illness. So fighting over his estate & money would be fruitless...........the only thing left to fight over is a very sick old man & who can control his care.

The whole ordeal is sickening!!!!!

Sadly, I just went through this with my sister, when my dad died in 2011. It is about power and control, but believe me, she made it about his money. :( I didn't get a lawyer and I did not fight her. I did not want that to be what I remembered about my dad, but I now tell people I'm an only child. My sister made something that was very difficult just horrible. :(

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online