Judas Priest (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score
Following on with the different musician's who have been in Judas Priest since the band was formed am I correct in believing that there was once a west Indian musician who was briefly in the band right at the start when the band was a 3 piece rock band along with founding member KK Downing?. I am fairly sure that I read that in some obscure sleeve notes of a rare cd release put out by Angel Air Records about 10-15 years ago of very early Judas Priest material.

E-Z

Last edited:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I'm unaware of that. KK and Ian are both founding members dating back to like '67 or '68 if I am not mistaken, so unless the guy was a drummer, I'm not sure where he would have fit in.

Not saying you're wrong, I've just never heard of it/him. Would be interesting to know if someone can verify it.

E-Z

Reaction score
I'm unaware of that. KK and Ian are both founding members dating back to like '67 or '68 if I am not mistaken, so unless the guy was a drummer, I'm not sure where he would have fit in.

Not saying you're wrong, I've just never heard of it/him. Would be interesting to know if someone can verify it.
Yes if it is true he probably was the drummer and may have only rehearsed with KK & Ian and possibly recorded some demos and maybe played a couple of pub gigs under the name Judas Priest with KK & Ian before either leaving of his own accord or being replaced?.

E-Z

Last edited:

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
KK and Ian were the earliest long term members in 1969. Rob joined in 1973 & Glen joined in 1974, still before they released Rocka Rolla.

JP 1a.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The more I listen to Ram it Down the more I feel what could have been if the album had actually good solid production and mixing. Some decent songs just underdone by the quiet thin mixing done on it.

Lynch

Reaction score
Agreed, RID was a pretty solid album, and definitely better than the reviews that it got. Not every song is amazing, but from start to finish, it's definitely a solid JP album.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jugulator is starting to wear thin. Got some good songs but starting to hear the major flaws in the song writing. Tipton and Downing just lacked the song writing creativity without Halford. Ripper Owens did well on this album and no fault of his own but the song writing was just what was lacking.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Jugulator is starting to wear thin. Got some good songs but starting to hear the major flaws in the song writing. Tipton and Downing just lacked the song writing creativity without Halford. Ripper Owens did well on this album and no fault of his own but the song writing was just what was lacking.

Agreed. I felt the same way about Iron Maiden with Blayze. He was an OK singer, but the lyrics suddenly became uber repetative.

Lynch

Reaction score
Heavy on the fan participation before and during You've Got Another Thing Comin'. Not sure exactly which tour this is, if i had to guess, it would be the 30th anniversary of British Steel tour. Definitely one of the last tours with KK still in the band.

Edit: I Found it. This show was recorded in Aug 2009 and was released as part of the 30th Anniversary British Steel release. Damn, I knew I should have bought that when it came out!

Last edited:

Lynch

Reaction score
Same show, doing Victim of Changes. Holy shit, the band sounded damn good here. Rob's vocals are even pretty damn decent, especially compared to the live CD they did a year or two before this.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online