Judas Priest (Official Thread)

Matt

Reaction score
The birthplace of heavy metal (AKA Birmingham) / L
Spent some quality time with my Rising in the East dvd last night.:geetar::headbang

I'll be honest, I didn't think Rob was as good as he was on Epitaph during RITE, however the setlist is the best I think I've seen Priest ever do since the early 1980s, if they'd got Heading Out to the Highway in there then it would be perfect. Love that they pulled out some really old-school songs, like The Ripper and Exciter. Perfect :bow:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take On The World

Become my favourite from Killing Machine. Its similar in terms of the anthem type vibe to United and I liked that one too.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
:heheh: Saw this video of how to sing like Rob Halford and had to post it!!

Lessons on how to hit those high notes!! :gig

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
^^^ Wonder if his vids can improve my tone deaf voice? :heheh:

Whilst I'm here, don't think I've said yet how much I love the latest Priest album :grinthumb

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
As Riff yesterday now playing Killing Machine. Great album. Different from Riff don't like Take on the World. My favorite song from this album is Hell Bent For Leather.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
As Riff yesterday now playing Killing Machine. Great album. Different from Riff don't like Take on the World. My favorite song from this album is Hell Bent For Leather.

I like every song on the album, but Take on the World is probably my least favorite for one reason, the chorus. The intro, the verses, the beat, the guitars... all good early metal. The chorus comes along and it's just this cheesy high school musical type of chorus. Just goofy. Other than that, I love the song.

I feel the same way about United. Great British Steel feel from the intro and through each of the verses. Then the chorus comes along and I'm always like "WTF guys, how did one of the greatest metal bands of all time revert back to this overly cheesy and goofy chorus writing?!?". :wtf: But like Take on the World, I love every thing else about the song, just not the chorus. I'm pretty sure that United came from the same song writing session that Take on the World came from. Even musically, it sounds like it could have easily been on the Hell Bent For Leather album.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like every song on the album, but Take on the World is probably my least favorite for one reason, the chorus. The intro, the verses, the beat, the guitars... all good early metal. The chorus comes along and it's just this cheesy high school musical type of chorus. Just goofy. Other than that, I love the song.

I feel the same way about United. Great British Steel feel from the intro and through each of the verses. Then the chorus comes along and I'm always like "WTF guys, how did one of the greatest metal bands of all time revert back to this overly cheesy and goofy chorus writing?!?". :wtf: But like Take on the World, I love every thing else about the song, just not the chorus. I'm pretty sure that United came from the same song writing session that Take on the World came from. Even musically, it sounds like it could have easily been on the Hell Bent For Leather album.

I can see what you're getting at but for some reason I dig those anthem type songs even if extremely cheesy.

And its 40 years since Rocka Rolla came out.
40 Years Ago: Judas Priest Release 'Rocka Rolla'

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online