That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited

PRIEST CLEAR UP MEANING OF FAREWELL TOUR
Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

It seems some fans were confused when Judas Priest announced that their Epitaph trek would be a farewell tour, but the band is setting the record straight. They issued a statement that clarifies that while the jaunt will be their last major world tour, the band is not ending, retiring or breaking up. In fact, as they previously revealed, they have plans for a new album and other future releases, and might even play live again, if for the right cause. However, this will indeed be their final world tour. For more clarity, head to JudasPriest.com.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I've learned to wait patiently for the "other shoe" to drop when it comes to "Farewell Tours".

If they enjoy playing and want to continue that is up to them and I am sure their fans will be happy.

No one will ever catch up with "The Who" when it comes to using the absolutely, positively, bet your farm on it, final tour. I will quote one of their best songs when it comes to this kind of thing in general.

"Won't Get Fooled Again!!"...:nw:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That works fine as well RS...:cheers2

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
This is good news if you ask me. I always get worried about missing the last possible stop through my town. I know I know, I don't ever put much stock in "final tours" either, but there always is a true last tour. I saw Judas Priest in the summer of '08 which was very cool, they returned the next year and did a free concert at the Taste of MN (with Whitesnake opening). I was planning on going, was even halfway between my place and the event with my son who was really excited about seeing JP for the first time.... and I was just sick as hell all day long, I didn't think I could stand parking a mile from the event, walking there and then standing for an outdoors concert for 4 hrs... ended up turning around and going home. I've regretted it ever since because I didn't know if they'd ever tour again or if my son would ever get the chance to see them in concert. (not to mention, I'll never see a price like that ever again).

Anyway, I wonder if the "final world tour" was in part to KK having some issues which eventually led to him leaving the band. They may have agreed to do one last dance but before it got rolling, he said F it. Now with him out of the mix, it opens up the door to more touring and recording if the band still desires to do so.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I wish some of these guys like KK and the bands they're in would just take a break and reform and get back at it. I mean the fans waited 14 years for a Priest reunion and Halford finally comes back.

But for only 2 albums and then KK leaves. :pullhair:

OK we're back to square one now. Halford still has the style and attitude as well as the Priest sound, but his pipes are not what they once were. KK on the other hand is a unique guitar player and a little bit more unique than Glenn.

He had a more primitive soul to his playing. Where Glenn was the more "technical" player.

But it is great they are planning on more albums. :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I went on Status Quo's "End Of The Road Tour '84" .. they've been touring just about constantly ever since, 27 years. Infact they have a few shows cropping up again this year. Hope Priest can go on and on, just as long as it feels right for them.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
That was '84 for Quo??? :heheh:

Yeah 1984 End Of The Road farewell tour, Alan Lancaster left just after to go live in Australia but then Rossi and Parfitt set up with a new line up and off they go again .. another day another dollar. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online