Journey (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: The Official JOURNEY Thread

If you add Mystery Mountain, they wouldn't know it was Journey, but that is such an awesome song......

Oh I love "Mystery Mountain"! :grinthumb All of the kids these days though (I say "kids these days" as if they're not a year or two younger than me. :bonk:) with their Drakes and Nicki Minajs would call it "old" or something. Steve Perry era Journey is more accessible for them though.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Wow! Maybe I should've checked this thread out first but I had no idea Journey started off with a different vocalist. :heheh: I just listened to the whole s/t debut:

cover_85628102009.jpg

When I first heard the first song I was like "Wow, this is a different Journey, much more darker and melodic. I was like Steve Perry has a more brooding deeper vocal as well. Wait, is this even Steven Perry?" :lmao: I looked it up to see that my suspicions were right and it was a completely different vocalist. Honestly though, I think Greg Rollie is a very adequate vocalist. In fact, I would like to hear him get more vocal time because the album is flooded with 85% instrumentals. I know this is a more progressive Journey but the progressive bands I've heard recently all have more vocals than this. My favorite track is actually the first track:

Of A Lifetime

This song made me feel like I was going on a good journey but I was left kind of unsatisfied by the end result. The positive was that I got to see a different side to a band I never knew existed. Up to now my only guide was this Greatest Hits package (I think everyone and their mom and their mom has it):

journey1.jpg

Actually, say aye if you don't have this album? I doubt 99% of this forum would! :heheh:

Anyway, it'll be interesting o see how this band progressed to their poppier existence!
:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^ My Mom has that CD!! I'm not lying either. :heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Oh come on Snakes......even you should find some pleasure in the Gregg Rolie era.

I Would Find You, IMHO, is epic

rtbuck

Reaction score

My favorite Journey Song(s) is...
"Feeling That Way/ Anytime" (I love singing along with Steve Perry's part during Feeling That Way")

Also, "The Hustler" off of next which I mentioned earlier but felt that song needed to be mentioned again because it Kicks ASS!

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

Oh come on Snakes......even you should find some pleasure in the Gregg Rolie era.

I Would Find You, IMHO, is epic

YOu're damn right Magic.....I had forgotten that some :):)....THANX :):)

HAPPY HOLIDAZE TO YOU:):)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I kinda figured you would like that album from Journey. Not all of Journey's albums were driven by the vocals of Steve Perry and not all of Journey's music was pop oriented either :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online