Journey (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: The Official JOURNEY Thread

^^^ How about it!!! He looks really good today, but I loved the fro and moustache!! :grinthumb

Kuaizi

Reaction score

I agree, I loved Neil with the fro and stache! Now he kinda looks like The Boss lol!

some pre Steve Perry stuff:

Dead video removed

This is a great version of "Next" with Rollie and Perry sharing vocals! Rockin!

another live version of "Of A Lifetime" Neil smokes on this~

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Gregg Rolie has done well for himself, too. Santana, which got him into the RR Hall of Fame, Journey, Abraxas Pool, The Storm, and Solo.

a very young Gregg Rolie
portrait-69.jpg
gregg+rolie+woodstock+cropped.jpg

Solo debut from 1985:

gregg_rolie.jpg

you should recognize this song, where the cover by Eddie Money became a hit

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Just an FYI (I love useless information)

Journey's song "Don't Stop Believing" has hit the 3 million mark for paid downloads, which puts this song as the first song recorded before 2000 to have that many paid downloads.

This song was not one of Journey's charting songs back in 1981, but the recent success can be attributed to recent use of the song for commercial reasons. The most notable recent commercial use of the song was a teen tv series called "Glee" where a cover of the song was used. Oddly, the teens began downloading the original as well as the cover version.

Journey is now gaining a new teen fan base.

:yay:

source

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

That's because Journey is fantastic. :grinthumb

I remember once my friend John and I were singing "Don't Stop Believin'" and his sister goes "Stop singing that gay song!" and we both immediately retorted "It's not gay, it's Journey!" :heheh:

Also I've been making CD for people as Christmas presents over the last two weeks and Journey has been showing up on more than a few of them. :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Journey is one of my all time fave bands. There are several songs that I would consider worthy of a mixtape, "Wheel in the Sky", "Mystery Mountain" and also "Mother, Father"

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Journey is a favorite of mine too Magic. Some of the songs I remember putting on people's Christmas CD's were "Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin", "Sweet And Simple", and "Be Good To Yourself". Mostly I'm trying to show my younger friends (who are actually about my age) that music before 1999 was totally awesome. :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

If you add Mystery Mountain, they wouldn't know it was Journey, but that is such an awesome song......

Fever

Reaction score

Here is drummer Deen Castronovo singing Mother Father.

For some reason the videos I post haven't been showing up even though the code appears.I am looking at the code right now.:D Anyway here is also the link.

Last edited:

runtfan

Reaction score

I'm a pretty big Journey fan too. I got into them when Infinity came out and they were a big favorite of mine all through high school. My very first band covered "Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'" at our very first gig when I was 17. My favorite Journey era is the Steve Perry/Gregg Rolie albums with Evolution or maybe Departure being my favorite album. I'm also a fan of the three pre-Steve Perry albums - the debut is probably my favorite. I also like the first three Jonathan Cain albums alot. After Raised On Radio I didn't keep up with them as much, but never stopped being a fan of everything up through '85.
I've seen them 7 or 8 times. I saw them the first time in '81, then saw them again in '82 and '83. Then I saw them a few times with Steve Augeri. The Escape shows were my favorites, but I saw them in '05 and half the show was pre-Steve Perry material with Jonathan Cain singing most of the leads and it was excellent. They've always been such a good band and it's great to hear them do stuff besides their hits.
I got to meet Gregg Rolie a few years ago. Our band played right before him at a big festival and I made a point to meet him and tell him I was a fan. He seemed like a pretty cool dude. The Hammond B-3 he used onstage looked like it was probably the same one he used in Santana - beat to hell...sounded great in sound check though. I actually couldn't stay and watch his show because I had another gig across town so I was disappointed.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online