Johnny Winter (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: Johnny Winter

I just got bavk from seeing Johnny Winter !!!

What a concert ! Johnny has got to be anywhere from his early to mid 70's and he is not s very mobile anymore .In fact he sat as he play for a good chunk of the show tonight .His voice sounds a bit older but still working for me to be honest and his playing is still VERY skilled and amazing !!!...especially for a man his age .He is a legend and he lived up to his status tonight

Some of the songs played ( I forgot a few ( beer ) and was unfamiliar with alot of the newest material ):

Johnny B. Goode, Blackjack , Mojo Boogie, Lone Wolf ,It's All Over Now, Miss Ann, Highway 61 Revisited,.........

Great show will be seeing him again if possible :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Yeah he had to be helped as he walked on stage and he sat most of the time when me and Sweaty saw him ,,, but man when he started playing he was killer. Nice one DKW.

rtbuck

Reaction score

Johnny's 67. I'm surprised he didn't sit through the entire show. I know he was sitting through entire shows for a while. I said it before here but his book Raisin Cain is one of the best rock & roll books I've ever read & I've read plenty. Since he got rid of his previous manager a few years ago his health did actually improve from what I've read(that's how bad off he was)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I guess I thought he was older due to his health. At one point it took Johnny at least 5 minutes just to walk a few feet and change guitars and then walk back.
Sad to see really but man he can still play that guitar !

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Added another Johnny Winter album to the collection, and I love the cover art on this one.

288ce26f6fbb8063383957f6a5a.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have no idea Sox...:hm:

But if it is his chest tattoo I for one don't need to see it when he performs.

Makes for a great cover shot though.:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^ I get you .. but yeah I think it is and I agree it's a great bit of artwork.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Tattoo's aside, I now have 5 of his albums, considering I didn't have any before you lot started this thread for him that's not bad for someone coming late to the smoke filled blues club with Johnny taking center stage.:D

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^ I honestly can't sing his praises enough LG, here he is paying a little respect to The Stones again, great cover this one.

Stray Cat Blues

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online