Johnny Thunders (Ex NY Doll)

Death on Credit

Reaction score
That was a pretty chilling article, rtbuck.

I don't really believe in any of that kind of stuff (you know, ghosts, spirits, the afterlife), but the image of the sad and lost soul of Johnny Thunders sitting in the room in which he died singing along with You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory is enough to bring a tear to my eye.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Yeah I don't believe much of that stuff either (I do find some paranormal things interesting ) but I thought this was kind of interesting especially being Halloween month. The link I provided does have a link to the actual podcast but the podcast is 2 hours long & the host is really awful. She doesn't come on until the 2nd hour & only talks about Johnny for a few minutes. The actual investigation took place after the podcast so I am curious what else they did find. She's supposed to be on in the future with the results.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
It was all really hard to make out, so it's kind of tough to decide what's going on.

The only thing I really found believable in that whole scene was when she asked Johnny to knock to let them know that he's there, and the response they got was: "Aw, what the ****?" :grinthumb

I wonder how Sabel's husband and children would feel if they were notified that she was kicking it with Johnny in the underworld.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I can't take any of those "Paranormal" shows seriously myself, I think you have to be one of those people who is easily hypnotized to fall into the...trap for lack of a better word. No denying there are creepy places linked with terrible tragedies all over the globe, but I think the only place anything is really happening is between peoples ears.;)

gorgon

Reaction score
Amazon.com: Thunders, Kane, & Nolan - You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory: Thunders Kane & Nolan: Movies & TV

I found this DVD to hold his best live work, post Dolls. He's sober enough that his playing is definitely in the pocket, but still gritty. As it should be. He both opens and closes the show with Pipeline, and takes a solo acoustic break in the middle of the show. The crowd is mostly lackluster, probably there to see Johnny implode and got their ears blown off instead. I like the DVD so much that I ripped the audio from it and put it to CD. 10/10.

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
I have LAMF. I had a chance to pick up a whole bunch of his records years ago, but missed out. REGRET.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online