Johnny Hallyday Dies at 74

Frands

Reaction score
-rock-icon-known-as-french-elvis-passes-away-at-74.jpg

France's biggest rock star Johnny Hallyday has died after a battle with lung cancer. He was 74.

The singer sold about 100 million records and starred in a number of films in a career that began in 1960.
He was made a Chevalier of the Legion D'Honneur by President Jacques Chirac in 1997.
The French simply called him "Our Johnny". However, outside the Francophone zone, Hallyday was virtually unknown.
In a statement, his wife Laeticia said: "Johnny Hallyday has left us," the AFP news agency reports.
"I write these words without believing them. But yet, it's true. My man is no longer with us.
"He left us tonight as he lived his whole life, with courage and dignity," she said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42247551

R.I.P Johnny, and thanks for the music! :rip:

E-Z

Reaction score
I had heard of Johnny Hallyday before many years ago back in 1960s believe it or not even though I was only a youngster at that time I probably either heard his name mentioned on the radio or the telly back then(?) anyway during the early 1980s when I was heavily into JIMI HENDRIX I read that Johnny had the JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE on tour with him across France back in either late 1966 or early 1967 as an opening act for Johnny and I believe it was the first major tour that The JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE undertook abroad so his name has always stayed in my mind down the years because of that reason.

RIP Johnny...

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online