Longtime Skid Row Singer Johnny Solinger Dies at 55

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Johnny Solinger, who served as the longest tenured lead vocalist for the rock band Skid Row, died Saturday (June 26, 2021), roughly six weeks after he revealed that he was suffering from liver cancer. He was 55. The band issued a statement on their Facebook page that read, “We are saddened to hear the news of our brother Johnny Solinger. Our thoughts are with his family, friends and fans. Godspeed Singo. Say hello to Scrappy for us.” The place of death was not disclosed but it’s known that Solinger had been at Memorial Hermann in Houston, part of the Texas Medical Center.

On May 8, Solinger had shared the news of his diagnosis. “It is with a heavy heart I must let everyone know what’s going on with me and my health. I have been hospitalized for over the last month. I have been diagnosed with liver failure. And prognosis is not so good. As with most musicians I do not have health insurance and it’s very difficult to get proper care without it.”

He continued, “I appreciate and want you all to keep me in your thoughts and send me all the healing vibes you can.

“At the moment, I am looking into putting together some sort of fundraiser to help with the medical bills and with the palliative care I will need in the coming months. I am kindly asking those of you who could help put this together to step forward. I would not be asking you all this if I didn’t really need the help, but sadly this is where I’m at.”

Soon after Solinger went public with his diagnosis, a GoFundMe page was set up to help defray his rent and medical expenses. At his death, donations from fans and friends had reached $16,335 of the $100,000 goal.

Solinger joined Skid Row in 1999, three years after the departure of Sebastian Bach. He remained until 2015, far surpassing the tenure of his predecessor who had served for nine years.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online