John Waite VS. Journey

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
melodicrock.com

JOHN WAITE SAYS JOURNEY IS 'SUPER WHITE MUSIC FOR SUPER WHITE PEOPLE'!:
Singer John Waite has just done an interview with LA based journalist Gerry Gittelson (printed at Metal Sludge) and is set to upset some fans with this new quote about his time in Bad English:
"I think it's garbage. I mean, I hate to say it, but I listen to Journey and think, 'Jesus Christ, that is just wrong.' That's why there will never be a Bad English reunion," Waite said. "It's for super white people listening to super white music. **** that. I'd rather shoot myself."

Oh dear! Shame John, shame! Read the full interview at: Metal Sludge - John Waite gives Metal Sludge a look back and a look ahead - The Power & Glory since 1998.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Tell that to this guy....

randy.jpg

What about BABYS' music???? :wtf:

I don't know...I thought music was for all people...anyone that enjoyed it.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Why don't he just stop playing When I See You Smile while he's at it..

...oh....$$$$ :heheh:

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
"It's for super white people listening to super white music"

Hahahaha, brilliant. That said, still kinda sucks that we'll never see a Bad English reunion.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like a few John Waite songs, and have one Baby's album but that's about it. I can't believe he said that though, embarrassed himself.

I don't think I have any Bad English records in the house, so I could care less if they get back together again or not.

And as far as what Journey has done, they surprised me with their new singer and their last record was good, better than anything Waite has done in ages.

And if he feels that strongly about a band that appeals to certain demographic then he can always stop cashing his residual cheques from the Baby's and his own solo album sales they aren't much different from Journey.

Sounds like his is just trying to get publicity of any kind to me.

Fever

Reaction score
I like John Waite's music for the most part but it is just as much super white music as Journey's is. Missing You -how is that song any different than a Journey song?

I saw John open for Journey and Peter Frampton about 9 years ago or so.Neal Schon came out and played a couple of Bad English songs with him

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's what came to mind first off to me as well Fever, that is his biggest hit song and it's a syrupy ballad. And I like Missing You.

But I've never liked John Waite, he's always been arrogant. Decades ago the Baby's were opening for BTO when they were the top touring band in the world, and wouldn't get off the stage until BTO's roadies took them off. Showed no class and were kicked off the Tour if I remember correctly.

Exact opposite was Bob Seger, Randy Bachman said they all loved him and respected him when he opened for them, that was just before "Night Moves" came out and made Bob a superstar finally.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
WOW!! Had to be drug off by roadies huh?? That's a shame an ego can get the best of an artist like that.

Despite his hangups here, I would recommend the first Bad English LG!! There are some pretty epic tunes on there mixed with ballads. I think you would enjoy a lot of it. Don't know what his problem is.

Agreed on the new Journey too man...that's a HEAVY album and yes much better than his solo work right now.

Fever

Reaction score
I have both Bad English albums and I thought the first one was really good ,but then again I am a white guy

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Someone must have pissed in this engrishman's cup-o-tea.

The bulk of his career was being a white boy playing white boy music to white audiences and making money doing it. Missing You? yeah, lots of ___fill in the blank with non-white folks here__ out on the dancefloor when that song gets played.

:rolleyes:

what a tool.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online