That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited

FOGERTY WOULD CONSIDER A CCR REUNION
Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Just this week, John Fogerty expressed frustration that his former Creedence Clearwater Revival bandmates Stu Cook and Doug Clifford have been touring as Creedence Clearwater Revisited but now, the singer is saying he’d consider reuniting with them. John had bad blood with his ex bandmates for some time but he told the Calgary Herald that he no longer feels the bitterness he once did when he sued them in 1997 for touring as Revisited. While he isn’t sure how a reunion would happen, he no longer is saying that it will never happen, rather he’s changed his attitude to more of a “never say never” one. Here is John’s entire quote, “Years ago, I looked at people and I was so full of some sort of emotion and I’d say, ‘Absolutely not! I have to admit, people have asked me more recently, and even though I have no idea how such a series of events would come to pass, I can tell that there isn’t the bombast in my voice, in the denial, in the refusal. It’s more like, ‘Well, I dunno.’ Never say never I guess is what people tell you. In this life, all kinds of strange things come to pass. Realizing that it doesn’t really kick up a big firestorm of emotion, it kind of suggests that at least if someone started talking I’d sit still long enough to listen.”

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I was a little shocked to read this. He's been so angry for so long. Mostly it seemed because Stu and Doug sided with Saul Zantz instead of John during their feud. After Saul died things seemed to ease up a bit. John even did business with Fantasy Records again. It would be nice to see a reunion, if only to smooth the rough waters between them. Good for you, John.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
I would like to see a reunion with the remaining members, and hope they do it sooner rather than later as they aren't getting any younger.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Creedence Clearwater Revisited still tours on a regular basis. In fact, I think they are coming to town sometime in the next month or two. I've never gone, but I heard it's still pretty decent.

If CCR got back together (sans Tom (RIP)), I'd certainly be interested!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
If John can still sing, then it would be great to see them bury the hatchet and move on.

Someone should show Fogerty pictures of Gilmour/Waters and Mustaine/Metallica together, if they can move on then anything is possible.

Life is much too short to carry a grudge, and as you get older and wiser you tend to realize you want to tie up loose ends and perhaps take care of some unfinished business.

ANF

Reaction score
I am surprised these guys didn't bury the hatchet and tour by now already. I mean, if David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen can do it, ANYONE can. The $$$$ to be generated outweighs past arguments.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^And while they still have a pulse ANF...:cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online