Joe Perry is not leaving Aerosmith

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth

JOE PERRY Says He Is Not Leaving AEROSMITH - Feb. 5, 2011
Most of the members of AEROSMITH spent a few days last week working on songs for a new album with co-writer Marti Frederiksen at a studio in Los Angeles. The only man missing was guitarist Joe Perry, who was unable to join his bandmates for the sessions due to what Billboard.com described as an "unspecified commitment."

In a series of Twitter messages, Perry explained his absence, saying, "I had previous plans could not get out of.

"I am in AEROSMITH. I am not going anywhere.

"The band isn't writing anymore. It was only for eight days.

"AEROSMITH and I will be writing in the spring. The guys only got together for eight days.

"There's nothing to make up. We are brothers we have been texting back and forth since the tour ended. It's a bunch of B.S.

"It was only an eight-day writing session that got blown outta proportion.

"We are looking forward to the next CD

"[Singer] Steven [Tyler] and I text all of the time. He's my brother in arms, just like Brad [Whitford, guitar], Joey [Kramer, drums] and [bassist] Tom [Hamilton are]. Everything else is a rumor.

"Don't worry bout a thing. AEROSMITH lives on [and] I am in it. It's my band. Tom and I formed it in 1969. It's the five of us."

Frederiksen told Billboard.com that the band and he have been "playing songs, putting together riffs, having fun, laughing and working from noon to 11 (p.m.) We're just digging in, man."

Although a recent New York Post article indicated that AEROSMITH was "unable to work" due to Tyler's "American Idol" gig, Tyler's attorney Dina LaPolt responded, "Mr. Tyler's 'American Idol' contract was specifically negotiated to work around his AEROSMITH touring and recording schedule."

The new album will be AEROSMITH's first studio effort since 2004's "Honkin' On Bobo" covers set and first collection of all-new tunes since 2001's "Just Push Play".

joe-perry-steven-tyler.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^So the other shoe drops again...this is beginning to smell like PR manipulation 101.

Honestly I don't care anymore about the drama around Aerosmith.:gnite:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Hopefully the boys can play nice together and create something nice...

I'm looking forward to hearing new Aerosmith.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Hopefully the boys can play nice together and create something nice...

I'm looking forward to hearing new Aerosmith.

I second this. I'm hoping they can play together long enough to produce something awesome.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As stated in my Aerosmith thread, they have ONE more album left on their contract. After that, they can split up if they want, but they have to fulfill that contract!!!

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
As stated in my Aerosmith thread, they have ONE more album left on their contract. After that, they can split up if they want, but they have to fulfill that contract!!!

Well, if that's the case, they owe it to the real fans, the pre 1980 fans, to do a rocker, and to do it like the Beatles did with Abbey Road. They need to cut the shit, and the rap, and the pop, and finish off with a real bluesy, hard-rock masterpiece like the first 4 albums were. That would make me very happy. Because as it stands, they are an embarrassment. They need to redeem themselves as the greatest American hard rock band ever, then call it quits.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well after all of the drama among them over the last year or so and after a decade since their last album (which as someone who likes work from all across their career I have to admit that "Just Push Play" kind of was a stinker) I hope that they'll be able to put the music first just in case they do decide to break up. I think Aerosmith should end on a high note.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree. I would love to see them put out one last Bombastic album, then a killer final tour.......

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online