Joe Bonamassa Dust Bowl

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
News about a upcoming new cd by Joe Bonamassa:

Blues/Rock guitarist Joe Bonamassa will release his 12th full-length solo album titled “Dust Bowl” in the USA on March 22, 2011.

The album will coincide with Bonamassa’s forthcoming “Dust Bowl 2011 World Tour” that will take in cities across America, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia.

Joe Bonamassa - Dust Bowl
“I think Dust Bowl is the best album we’ve ever done,” says Bonamassa. “I’m finding more inspiration in storytelling in my 30s, in writing songs that are about something more profound than ‘my baby left me.’ I like albums that are made with the right intentions and sound organic and a little rough around the edges, like a great band playing live in the room.”

Dust Bowl is Joe Bonamassa’s sixth collaboration with producer Kevin “The Caveman” Shirley (Led Zeppelin, Black Crowes, Black Country Communion) and features collaborations with Nashville legends Vince Gill and John Hiatt, female vocalist Beth Hart, and Joe’s Black Country Communion band-mate, Glenn Hughes.

Gill lends his signature guitar licks to the John Hiatt/John Porter-penned “Tennessee Plates,” on which Hiatt duets with Bonamassa. Gill also plays on “Sweet Rowena,” a song he composed with frequent writing partner Pete Wasner. Arlan Scheirbaum, Beth Hart and Blondie Chaplin play on the Michael Kamen/Tim Curry track “No Love On The Street,” and Glenn Hughes sings on the Paul Rodgers-penned Free classic “Heartbreaker.

Joe Bonamassa To Release New Studio Album DUST BOWL In March | The Guitar BUZZ....

Joe-Bonamassa-Dust-Bowl.jpg

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
BUMP!! Well I just discovered him today and listened to the new album and WOW really great stuff! I think there's alot of people in these forums who would like it too. :grinthumb

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
I have it and I just listened to it again the other day....it`s not my favorite JB but I do like it!

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
There are a few here who like Joe Taboo.

Garret, what's your favorite then?

I have

Blues Deluxe `03
Sloe Gin `07
The Ballad of John Henry `09
Live from the Royal Albert Hall `09
Black Rock `10
Dust Bowl `11
Don't Explain `11

I would have to say my favorite is "Live from the Royal Albert Hall" (I`m a sucker for "Live" albums) followed closely by "The Ballad of John Henry".......And I have to give some honorable mention to "Don't Explain" that recently done with Beth Hart! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Members online

No members online now.