Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (Official Thread)

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
If it is alright, I would like to post a review for Unvarnished :). (If this needs to be a thread I apologize and I have no problem copy and posting the following into a thread of its own :). ) I will try not to sound like the BIG fan boy that I am XD. Here we go:

"Classic" Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, combining what I would like to call the "Punk" sound and juicing the sweet Rock 'N' Roll out of it. I The kick-a** comeback starts off with Any Weather (I am aware there are two versions, 606 and Blackhearts, personally I like the 606 one better.) Gorgeous piano and driving guitar on the track, love the chorus. Next up is TMI, personally I think it pays homage to the track Nag from the I Love Rock 'N' Roll album, catchy,simple,rockin,good enough for me. The next tracks are Soulmates To Strangers, Make It Back, Hard To Grow Up, Fragile, Reality Mentality, Bad As We Can Be, Different, and wraps up with Everybody Needs A Hero. (I just noticed there are different versions of the album so the track listing may be different, apologies.) To me it seemed like the album was getting better than better, then I heard Fragile. Sure the music is good up until the choruses where a violin or a cello (Some classical stringed instrument comes in, apologies.) I also felt like the vocals were a little "shaky" (I know Joan is old but just the way she sings the word "Fragile", sorry Joan :(...) Yet I felt the album get back into place with Reality Mentality,Bad As We Can Be,and Different. Everybody Needs A Hero got labeled my least favorite track on the whole album, sorry again, I like what she is trying to shoot for with the sound and lyrics but she can't deliver.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Joan Jett Signs on for Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Joan Jett has signed on to appear at the upcoming Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The rock icon joins a deep lineup of performers from a range of genres helping to usher in the holiday season.

Some of the other acts confirmed for performances this year include Carrie Underwood, Fall Out Boy, Gavin DeGraw, Florida Georgia Line, Kellie Pickler, and Cher Lloyd.

The 87th annual parade goes down Nov. 28 live in NYC on NBC

RttNews.com

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Joan is my favorite out of that lineup. I could probably guess what songs she'll play though...

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
OMG, wtf happened to Joan? Not like we needed more proof that plastic surgery is a bad idea. :fear:

hx0ju8.jpg

This is from tonight at the AMAs. If I had not have seen her name attached to the image, I never would have guessed it was her.

209qc13.jpg

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I picked up Joan's third album "Album" the other day and I found this deep cut on it. I really like to hear the slower side of her. It still rocks but it takes it's time in a really interesting way that you don't hear so often.

Why Can't We Be Happy

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Do you recall the 1987 flick "Light Of Day" with Ms. Jett and a youthful and Parkinson's free Michaeel J. Fox?I thought she did a pretty nice job with the role.Very rare nowadays.Probably even hard to find on DVD..................

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
^^ I have very rarely seen it around in DVD shops :/ If I see it again somewhere I might get it. She also played an assassin on Walker Texas Ranger. I wish I could see that episode again XD.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I've seen clips of the film but never seen the full thing. You'd think it'd be a bit more widely spread considering Michael J. Fox's star power in those days.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
1601567_10153604480056007_8759404685222632058_n.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online