Jimi Hendrix Experience (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Re: The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Some great posters there Jeffery, I only wish I could have seen him live he was one of the finest guitar players and is missed in todays world of someone's got talent.

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

Some great posters there Jeffery, I only wish I could have seen him live he was one of the finest guitar players and is missed in todays world of someone's got talent.
Oh I so agree Sweaty. But it's intriguing to speculate on "What ifs" isn't it?

I suspect that, had he lived, he would have moved on. To what I don't know. Politics, UN Ambassador, Producer etc etc. the list is endless but what I do think is that he was getting bored with the music he was playing just before his death and would have certainly moved on to something "higher".

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score

Jimmy was scheduled to play guitar with the Gil Evans Orchestra where he could explore Jazz and focus only on guitar playing. Here are some of his covers:

M dead videos removed

Jimi would have been free to improv and let the music flow.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score

I'm watching the movie PCU and it opens with a Hendrix tune. :)

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score

Brill thread Groovy Man, I have a number of his albums, one springs to mind, " War Heroes ", a comilation that included some excellent tunes like, " Three Little Bears " and " Peter Gunn Catastrophe " what a classic some ground breaking riffs and lyrics. I was introduced to this album by a very good friend of mine, now not available after all the court cases about his music.

I never heard the War Heroes LP but I do have First Rays Of The New Rising Sun. This CD is pretty much the Cry Of Love LP combined with (as I understand it) the War Heroes album. I always liked Cry Of Love. "Angel" is among my favs. I wore out my copy of Axis, Bold As Love years ago. I would speculate that Jimi would have explored the Jazz-Rock fusion, guitar focused music genre as the 70's rolled in. Beyond that, maybe a Pat Methany, Larry Carlton journey but the blues would also make a frequent appearance.

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score

Band of Gypsys is my favorite release by Hendrix. so much has been said about the man as a guitar legend and you hear glimpses of it in his more popular songs. but when you listen to Band of Gypsys, you know why he's widely considered to be the greatest man to play on six strings

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Jimi at the BBC having fun with Alexis Korner and playing some wicked guitar.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online