Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Jethro Tull

:tm:

In honor of your steadfast support of a great band from the very beginning Hep.;)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

How about a little Rolling Stones: Rock N Roll Circus

For those not familiar with the movie or this line-up...yes that is Tony Iommi on guitar.

A Song For Jeffrey

Dead Video

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Great post Magic, forgot to mention that.:bonk:

Thick As A Brick remains one of the best Concept albums ever recorded, loved by fans and critics alike when it came out.:tup:

MP, I remember reading about Iommi being part of this show, but I've never taken the time to watch it until now. Man Ian sure looks young...lol.

Thanks.:grinthumb

Reaction score

Great post Magic, forgot to mention that.:bonk:

Thick As A Brick remains one of the best Concept albums ever recorded, loved by fans and critics alike when it came out.:tup:

MP, I remember reading about Iommi being part of this show, but I've never taken the time to watch it until now. Man Ian sure looks young...lol.

Thanks.:grinthumb

you gotta watch that whole thing, its long but its very very cool

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

Time for some order in here...temporarily at least...:D

After This Was came "Stand Up", released in 1969. You can still feel the blues on this record, but not nearly as much as the debut. Already the folk influences are starting to show up, which is one of the things that I always loved about JT, the wide range of their songs is amazing and a tribute to the creativity that was a trademark of the band. This album was the debut of Martin Barre on lead guitar, and he became the one constant besides Ian Anderson in the band over their long and distinguished career.

Fatman.

StandUpFront.jpg

StandUpBack.jpg

Right on LG......that album by Tull is a KILLER and A New Day Yesterday is my all-time fave song by Ian and company......it has the most AMAZING riff in rock and it's underrated 2:):)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

It is a great song S&L, I love the live version on "Bursting Out" as well.:grinthumb

Lerxst

-=Rush Fan=-
Reaction score

I love how there are times when you discover that there was something done by a band you listened to for years - but didn't know about - and it's awsome. I own a lot of Tull albums - and I've seen them a couple of times in the 80's - but I never bought all of their albums. I was playing guitar at a cousin's house the other night and he loaded up Minstrel in the Gallery and played One White Duck. I've never owned it - nor do I remember having ever heard it, though I must have. I'm partial to the acoustic numbers by Tull like Cheap Day Return, Wond'ring Aloud, My God, Under Wraps II, ect... So imagine my psyched-ness when finding One White Duck...in 2009! I've already learned it on guitar, but I'm still memorizing the lyrics. Anywhoo...thought I'd share that bit of awesomeness.

Rocker440

Reaction score

Now this is a band that I've been a fan of for many, many years. Since hearing 'Stand Up' when it was first released.

I basically have the same ones that LG posted, with one exception. In place of 'Catfish Rising' I have 'Rock Island', which has an additional special meaning as I saw them on that tour! Many favorites of this fantastic band as well! :tup:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I might have to add "Rock Island" to my list Rocker.:D

Cool story Lerxst, I didn't really like Minstrel that much when I bought it, but a couple of years later I played it again and started to enjoy it, nice to have another Tull fan on board.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Seeing we have a new fan here, I'll do the next Album.

Benefit, released in 1970 after Stand Up, and this album marks the complete change from blues rock to the folk rock that became Tull's trademark sound for many years to come. A little more even than it's predecessor, especially the electric guitar of Martin Barre, seems to become part of the Firmament of the band on this record. There is a remastered version of this available now, and the production value has been improved noticeably so if you don't have this CD yet I would suggest the remastered version is the best one to get your hands on.

Son.

BenefitFront.jpg

BenefitBack.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online