Register to remove these ads

Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

Discussion in '70's Music' started by LG, Nov 17, 2009.

1. LG

LG Fade To Black

Re: Jethro Tull

:tm:

In honor of your steadfast support of a great band from the very beginning Hep.;)

2. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

How about a little Rolling Stones: Rock N Roll Circus

For those not familiar with the movie or this line-up...yes that is Tony Iommi on guitar.

A Song For Jeffrey

Dead Video

3. LG

LG Fade To Black

Great post Magic, forgot to mention that.:bonk:

Thick As A Brick remains one of the best Concept albums ever recorded, loved by fans and critics alike when it came out.:tup:

MP, I remember reading about Iommi being part of this show, but I've never taken the time to watch it until now. Man Ian sure looks young...lol.

Thanks.:grinthumb

4. eberg15101

eberg15101 Senior Member

you gotta watch that whole thing, its long but its very very cool

5. snakes&ladders

snakes&ladders Senior Member

Right on LG......that album by Tull is a KILLER and A New Day Yesterday is my all-time fave song by Ian and company......it has the most AMAZING riff in rock and it's underrated 2:):)

6. LG

LG Fade To Black

It is a great song S&L, I love the live version on "Bursting Out" as well.:grinthumb

7. Lerxst

Lerxst -=Rush Fan=-

I love how there are times when you discover that there was something done by a band you listened to for years - but didn't know about - and it's awsome. I own a lot of Tull albums - and I've seen them a couple of times in the 80's - but I never bought all of their albums. I was playing guitar at a cousin's house the other night and he loaded up Minstrel in the Gallery and played One White Duck. I've never owned it - nor do I remember having ever heard it, though I must have. I'm partial to the acoustic numbers by Tull like Cheap Day Return, Wond'ring Aloud, My God, Under Wraps II, ect... So imagine my psyched-ness when finding One White Duck...in 2009! I've already learned it on guitar, but I'm still memorizing the lyrics. Anywhoo...thought I'd share that bit of awesomeness.

8. Rocker440

Rocker440 Senior Member

Now this is a band that I've been a fan of for many, many years. Since hearing 'Stand Up' when it was first released.

I basically have the same ones that LG posted, with one exception. In place of 'Catfish Rising' I have 'Rock Island', which has an additional special meaning as I saw them on that tour! Many favorites of this fantastic band as well! :tup:

9. LG

LG Fade To Black

I might have to add "Rock Island" to my list Rocker.:D

Cool story Lerxst, I didn't really like Minstrel that much when I bought it, but a couple of years later I played it again and started to enjoy it, nice to have another Tull fan on board.

10. LG

LG Fade To Black

Seeing we have a new fan here, I'll do the next Album.

Benefit, released in 1970 after Stand Up, and this album marks the complete change from blues rock to the folk rock that became Tull's trademark sound for many years to come. A little more even than it's predecessor, especially the electric guitar of Martin Barre, seems to become part of the Firmament of the band on this record. There is a remastered version of this available now, and the production value has been improved noticeably so if you don't have this CD yet I would suggest the remastered version is the best one to get your hands on.

Son.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]