Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
3-Ive got benefit on my ipod at the mo so its moved from the list.
I need songs from the wood pronto.:bow::bow::bow:
Any body got any views on the bonus tracks for these albums.Ive never really played them yet as im wanting to get a feel of the original
albums as they first came out.

Attachments

• tull.jpg
    tull.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 33

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Looks interesting Jeffrey, I didn't know Renaissance was still around.

3-Ive got benefit on my ipod at the mo so its moved from the list.
I need songs from the wood pronto.:bow::bow::bow:
Any body got any views on the bonus tracks for these albums.Ive never really played them yet as im wanting to get a feel of the original
albums as they first came out.

I don't usually bother with the bonus tracks on classic albums myself, to me they are filler more often than not just because the CD can hold 70 minutes of content.

I noticed SFTW was missing from your collection...my personal favorite JT recording.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
^Dont worry LG i remember your recommentation.Im working my way through their discography again and as soon as sftw comes up ill go for it.Im only onto Benefit at the moment.cheersHomerToast.gif

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'm sure you'll find a copy soon enough 2LT.:cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The album I come back to time and time again is Songs From The Wood and YES!! It is a GREAT cover!! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have the essential classic Jethro Tull of the 70s, a time era for them that was the best!!! The later tracks are not my preference!

There is no doubt the 70's early 80's were the best years for the band. But musicians need variety too which you can see in Tull over the decades they've been making music. I'll never rate the "World Music" they've done the last few years as highly as their early works, but TAAB II was a very good album so it shows Ian's still got it. Sad that Martin is no longer part of the band though, and the details are rather murky about why this happened.

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning
Martin seems to be more than happy with his "New Day" band at the moment and it seems he's busy organising gigs for 2013, Cropredy being among the ones already booked. However, it will be interesting to see whether it all goes to plan and whether he'll get the call from Ian Anderson later in the year or early 2014 as there's been rumours of an acoustic tour featuring the two of them. This may well be wishful thinking but what a possibilty.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peeterparker

Staff online

Members online