Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

KingHeadache

Banned
Reaction score
Guess I´ll have to spill the..............

Ian is thinking about making a " TAAB 3 " :pullhair:

Now where is Jeffrey the knowitall ? :cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Jeffrey shows up when the spirit moves him and I'm sure he wouldn't mind you telling us about the possibility of a TAAB 3 somewhere down the road.

I would enjoy another edition of the Bostock saga, II was a very pleasant surprise.:cheers2

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning
Sorry guys. Been busy at work and everything else.

TAAB3 has been hinted by Ian Anderson but he also claims, according to those in a higher position than me, that he's written some new material for 2014.

Wishful thinking perhaps but who knows. Possibly more information when the next edition of A New Day is published.

Will report back when I have done some digging :)

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning
Right then, from what I've been able to find out:

Martin Barre has so far recorded four tracks for a new album to be released later in the year.

A Passion Play will get the special edition treatment and EMI will hopefully also be re-releasing Benefit, both with Steve Wilson's involvement. I can't find out if bonus tracks will be included but you never know.

Ian Anderson has written some lyrics for a new album with a possible release date of March 2014. Whether this will be a solo album/Jethro Tull album/or an Ian Anderson band production is not known at the present time.

I suppose at the present time all this is open to delays, wishful thinking and time constraints but with this amount of activity it looks like the Tull machine, in all its various forms, is still in operation.

Finally, happy Easter to everyone. :cheers2

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
what are the best Tull albums of the 70's after Passion Play? I know Aqualung thru PPlay but not much else after other than the hits. I like the rockin' stuff more than the mellow folkier stuff. I love the bass and guitar of Tull but it seems to be few and far between with each release. Maybe I'm insane and don't know what I'm talkin about, that's what I'm asking. I've heard Tull my whole life but the only albums I own are the vinyl LP's of Benefit, Aqualung, Minstrel In The Galery, and the compilations: The Best Of, and Original Masters.

What would you guys recommend?

Last edited:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ I would have a listen to "Thick As A Brick", "Too Old To Rock And Roll : Too Young To Die!" and "War Child". See if you like them stepcousin, the songs are on YT so you can get the feel of the albums.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online