Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

Psique

Reaction score
Nice to have another Jethro Tull fan join us Psique.:hab:

Any favorite songs or albums you want to tell us about?

In my opinion one of the best song of the group is Bourée. How Ian Anderson show us his personality, he makes a new version of Bach song and the other members of the band are also awesome. Not much more to tell, most of you know about the existence of this song.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's a worthy choice Psique, one of their best Live songs too.

Khor1255

Reaction score
The way they adapt classical and English country music is freakin awesome. It is very honest and not at all pretentious. It all sounds very fresh even today.

Brilliant.

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning
Jethro Tull Live At Musikfest 2003 Bethlehem, PA. USA. Full DVD

Published on 26 Oct 2012 by Remy Tena

Jethro Tull recorded live performance at the 2003 Musikfest in Bethlehem, PA.
Line-up / Musicians
- Ian Anderson / vocals, flute
- Martin Barre / guitar
- Doane Perry / drums
- Andrew Giddings / keyboards
- Jonathan Noyce / bass

Tracks performed are as follows:

Aqua-Intro
Living In The Past
Nothing Is Easy
Some Day The Sun Won't Shine For You
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Beside Myself
Fat Man
Hunting Girl
Count The Chickens
Dot Com
Eurology
Songs From The Wood
Too Old To Rock'N'Roll, Too Young To Die
Heavy Horses
Flying Dutchman intro - My God
Budapest
Mayhem Jig
Aqualung
Wind Up (short version) Locomotive Breath
Protect And Survive instrumental
Cheerio

TULLIANOS

Category:
Music

Licence:
Standard YouTube Licence

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Tracks performed are as follows:

Aqua-Intro
Living In The Past
Nothing Is Easy
Some Day The Sun Won't Shine For You
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Beside Myself
Fat Man
Hunting Girl
Count The Chickens
Dot Com
Eurology
Songs From The Wood
Too Old To Rock'N'Roll, Too Young To Die
Heavy Horses
Flying Dutchman intro - My God
Budapest
Mayhem Jig
Aqualung
Wind Up (short version) Locomotive Breath
Protect And Survive instrumental
Cheerio

That's a nice setlist....covers the catalog rather well. You are unequaled when it comes to finding great Tull material Sir Jeffrey...:tup:

KingHeadache

Banned
Reaction score
STOP PRESS: AUDIO GLITICHES ON TAAB 40th Special Edition DVD

We have been alerted to the fact that there are three small audio glitches on the 5.1 streams on the DVD part of the Thick As A Brick Special Edition CD/DVD set. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Any new stock going into stores will be amended & for fans who’ve already purchased the set we will be making available a replacement DVD disc for you. More information to follow shortly. This occurred in the very final stage of mastering prior to manufacture of the commercial run of product and was not noticed until attentive early purchasers spotted the digital errors.

With our apologies.

EMI Music, Ian Anderson and Steven Wilson.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I haven't bought that yet, I'm undecided I picked up a mint vinyl record a few weeks ago anyway. But a Stephen Wilson digital remix is always interesting and of the highest quality...might end up with a copy eventually.

I am so disappointed with what I thought was a major score a few weeks ago, 13 Jethro Tull albums from a guy in Ontario who rated them all VG, turns out he is a fraud and a shyster. Out of the 13 albums so far 2 are good, the rest I might just give to a local shop for his dollar bin, if nothing else someone might buy them for the jackets if they are better than what they have now.

The risk of buying online, only cost me $5 an album but still ****** me off to waste time and money on crap. It will be the last time I buy a large number of "used" albums online from anyone.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Yes indeed Master of the Diamond 9.2's, and it's not just vinyl either I got taken a few years ago by a scam artist pawning off fake CD's as the genuine article. All you can do is give them a bad rating, then they turn around and give you the same so you can't win. And they usually don't give a rating first, but wait and if they see you giving them some smack they do the same and you are the one who loses twice.:mad

Oh well at least Songs From the Wood and Stormwatch were good, I have 5 left to go through but my heart's not in it now. I was so excited to find almost all of them in one place at a good price it's been a letdown.

On the bright side, I can get Top Quality replacements locally, thanks to an audio fanatic who has a massive selection at this flea market I stumbled upon two weeks ago.

He's worthy of sharing a pint with you and Ancient Ent. :cheers:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Members online

No members online now.