Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Nightmare LG, it's horror stories like yours that keeps me away from used vinyl online :mad. I have stumbled upon a collectors shop in a near by town and they have a good copy of "Bursting Out" which is well on my radar as it's one bit of Tull I don't own. The shop only opens on certain days so it's as and when. :rolleyes:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I haven't played my copy of Bursting Out yet Sox, kind of expecting it to be rubbish like most of the others.

I really can't complain, you spend your money and take your chances and I've had far better luck with the local shops, although if I'd met Terry a couple months ago I would have got All my Tull records from him, he guarantees them or your money back. Not bad for a "Flea Market" and not even a real store...although he had a good laugh when I told him his little set up is the Best used record store in Edmonton by a wide margin.:D

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Most of the flea market vinyl stores have gone round here so vinyl is getting harder to find, I only need Roots to Branches on remaster CD and maybe the special edition of the Christmas album with the live CD included. I know you can't win with bad sellers online, I have found that out and a lesson was learned LG.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I've got all his albums now, either on CD or wax and the "World Music" he's done the last few records has grown on me. While they will never stand toe to toe with my favorites from the band's prime they are good and I can understand why Ian and company would want to "branch out" and do other things. Helps keep you sane in a mad mad world after all.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It's a compulsion for me when it comes to Tull Sweaty, I have to have the complete set.:D

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I get like that with a few bands, it pains me when they release so many different versions. I get annoyed when they release better versions because it costs me a fortune, like the stereo version of This Was, which actually cost me a fiver:) but they could have released it before instead of money making:(

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
Band I've wanted to listen to for a long time, but never knew where to start.

Any suggestions?

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Thick As A Brick I would say is a good starting point, but I do consider Benefit, Stand Up, Aqualung, TAAB and Heavy Horses as the ones everyone needs to listen.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online