Jeff Scott Soto (Official Thread)

Mr. T

Reaction score
2n86fr6.jpg

Jeff Scott Soto is best known for being the lead singer for the group Talisman from 1990 till the end of Talisman in 2007 but Jeff has also sung with a myriad of of bands and artists including Yngwie Malmsteen, Soul SirkUS, W.E.T., Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Axel Rudi Pell, Human Clay, Eyes, Humanimal and Journey (on their 2006-2007 tours after Steve Augeri had to leave the band because of an acute throat infection).

He also has a number of solo albums and is one of the most talented, best kept secrets in rock. For that reason I felt he deserved a thread of his own.
He is a truly amazing talent and one of my favorite singers. I'm going to start with some tracks from his two most recent studio albums, Lost In The Translation and Beautiful Mess.

2u713cx.jpg

9pmmnq.jpg

21st Century

Soul Divine

Lost In Translation

Eyes Of Love

On My Own

Gin & Tonic Sky

High Time

Find Our Way

Mountain

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
Re: Jeff Scott Soto

Fantasic singer, loved his work on the early Malmsteen and Talisman albums.

Would have been interesting to see how it would've worked if he'd stuck around in Journey, the guy's style was certainly a breath of fresh air. Why exactly did he get booted out, anyway?

Mr. T

Reaction score

Fantasic singer, loved his work on the early Malmsteen and Talisman albums.

Would have been interesting to see how it would've worked if he'd stuck around in Journey, the guy's style was certainly a breath of fresh air. Why exactly did he get booted out, anyway?

All I know is what I read, RC. Soto addressed the issue by saying "I was looking forward to a long, prosperous future with these guys but it seems they wanted something different than I brought to the table. No love lost though, they know what's best for the preservation of their legacy. I wish them all the best but now it's time to continue working on my own path again".

I read that as "I didn't sound enough like Steve Perry." In any case, I think it probably worked out best for all concerned as both Beautiful Mess and Eclipse are great records. :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I'm a Soto fan. Love his work with Talisman. :grinthumb

I haven't listend to Beautifulmess yet, but love the vid posted. Guess I am gonna havta go on a Soto kick :tup:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I really guess I have missed the Soto train because I only know him from doing a few voice overs in the movie "Rock Star" .. But impressive vocals to say the least..

Mr. T

Reaction score

I'm a Soto fan. Love his work with Talisman. :grinthumb

I haven't listend to Beautifulmess yet, but love the vid posted. Guess I am gonna havta go on a Soto kick :tup:

Yep... Beautiful Mess has a couple of other songs that actually my favorites from that album but damn if I could find them on YouTube! :mad

I really guess I have missed the Soto train because I only know him from doing a few voice overs in the movie "Rock Star" .. But impressive vocals to say the least..

Delve into all his work Slip... I think you will find a lot to enjoy. :grinthumb

Last edited:

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score

I was introduced to Jeff Scott Soto back in September of 2010, and he has become a favorite - I like his style, his voice, his intensity, his lyrics. What a talent!

In fact, Soto's music is one of the reasons I started looking past what I was "used to" and delving into new artists and bands - expanding my horizons.

Great thread, Tunez.:tup: I have to agree - this guy deserves a thread of his own. I think Journey missed out big time in letting Soto go ... and Soto obviously doesn't need Journey.

One of my favorites from Beautiful Mess isn't on your thread yet - so I'll keep watching for it. :D

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I've long been a fan of Jeff's vocals. The first thing I ever heard him on was Yngwie's first few albums. After that I think it was a little known band called Eyes.

Here's the first track on Eyes' ST debut:

Calling All Girls

Here's a better sounding studio (non-MTV vid) version, with the full intro:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Found another tune on youtube. Some of ya'll might remember this tune as an Ace of Base song, however Eyes recorded it like 3 or 4 years before Ace of Base did it. Add to it, this was actually a Tina Turner song in the mid 80's.

Don't Turn Around

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online