Jeff Lynne to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one to hear M in Ghostbusters, Trekkie.

Funny you should mention Dave Edmunds. Tony Bourge (Budgie) recently cited him as an influence.

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
^ I recently watched some TV documentaries about him! I always liked the end of the Move/ beginning of ELO era.

Was it "Mr. Blue Sky: The Story of Jeff Lynne & ELO" and did ya also see "Live from Bungalow Palace"?

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Yes, and the documentary was fascinating. The live performance I found a bit static, although it showed the underrated contribution from Kelly Groucutt. Have you heard his solo album?

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Yes, and the documentary was fascinating. The live performance I found a bit static, although it showed the underrated contribution from Kelly Groucutt. Have you heard his solo album?

Which one?

Armchair Theatre in 1990 is alright, nothing special, except for about 5 songs, "Every Little Thing, "Lift Me Up", Nobody Home", "What Would It Take" and "Blown Away", then Long Wave from late last year while it was okay, I've never been a really big fan of covers albums.

Have you heard his 2012 re-recordings of classic ELO songs on "Mr. Blue Sky: The Very Best of Electric Light Orchestra"?

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I meant Kelly Groucutt's solo album. I haven't heard it, but wondered if you knew what it was like.

I think the Mr Blue Sky re-recordings are very good, because they are clean and clear.

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
I meant Kelly Groucutt's solo album. I haven't heard it, but wondered if you knew what it was like.

I think the Mr Blue Sky re-recordings are very good, because they are clean and clear.

Oh, sorry, my bad, yeah, I've heard it, it's not too bad, Kelly's album featured fellow ELO members Bev Bevan, Richard Tandy, Mik Kaminski and their orchestral co-arranger and conductor Louis Clark. I always thought that Kelly Groucutt is very underrated!

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
No worries. Do you like Mr Blue Sky and what do you think of Zoom?

Mr. Blue Sky: The Very Best of Electric Light Orchestra is cool, he did some pretty spot on solo interpretations of classic ELO songs, not as good as the originals for sure, then ZOOM's awesome, I love every song!

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I've had Zoom for a while, but I'm not sure what to make of it really. It does seem like a Jeff Lynne solo album, although Richard Tandy is present. I understand there is a 2013 remaster.

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
I've had Zoom for a while, but I'm not sure what to make of it really. It does seem like a Jeff Lynne solo album, although Richard Tandy is present. I understand there is a 2013 remaster.

Immediate standout songs for me were...

Alright
Moment in Paradise
State of Mind
Just for Love
It Really Doesn't Matter
Melting in the Sun
Lonesome Lullaby

Check out the "Zoom Tour Live" DVD, see also "Electric Light Orchestra Live" minus its "Zoom" tracks from this year, as it's Jeff Lynne, Richard Tandy, Marc Mann, Matt and Gregg Bissonette, Rosie Vela, Peggy Baldwin and Sarah O'Brien, I attended their free fan tapings at CBS Television City on May 23-24, 2001!

Zoom Tour Live - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.