Jean Michel Jarre (Official Thread)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
JeanMichel+Jarre.jpg

French composer, performer and music producer, regarded as a pioneer of electronic music. He is well-known for huge outdoor shows which feature lights, projections, lasers and fireworks.

Some of his most recognized work includes albums like Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields, Zoolook, Rendez-Vous, Chronologie, Oxygene 7-13 and Metamorphoses.

last.fm​

This is the only electronic music I do appreciate!

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I'm only familiar with his album Oxygene.. I use it alot in my business.. Pretty cool trippy stuff..
51ECYDHZNKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Oh.. and a few years ago I used that album cover for a avatar..:D I put for my sig.. "Feed Your Head"

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Re: Jean Michel Jarre

In my teenage years,and right up until I was around 25 I listened to Jean Michel Jarre a lot,I had around a dozen of his albums,and a few Video tapes of his concerts.His Rendez Vous album was the 1st album I bought on Compact Disc.I recently re-bought his Oxygene CD again,it came with a 5.1 surround sound mix DVD and a DVD of Jean Michele and 2 other musicians performing the entire Oxygene album on the original equipment he used,in a small room.
Great thread,great musician.

CREAM'd

Reaction score

Love the added beats in this version

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Bought Oxygene on vinyl just because I thought the album cover was so cool...and it took me a while to get into it.

Jean Michel Jarre was my gateway to this kind of music, he's a pioneer in the field and nobody else sounds like he does.

I only have Oxygene and Equinox, and a collaboration with Vangelis, that is enough for me.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

I remember my dad asked me to download his albums, I think that was Rendez-Vous, Zoolook and something else. For sure something sounded very cool I liked. I forgot only what it was...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Can't help you Nolo, Jarre has a lot of albums out there...but good luck finding it.:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online