Jack White (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Jack White

I realize that bass gives the song a sturdy base (pardon the pun) to build off musically of but I don't think it's as necessary as people think it is. With The White Stripes being as as raw as they are I think the drums serving that purpose all by their lonesome makes the band more unique.

Maybe this'll help you make more sense of Jack's approach to music though. :D

'It Might Get Loud': Jack White's favorite song

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

Yeah can't wait for the new Jack White Album I was wondering what was next and solo should be great with lost of guests.

The White Stripes are a great band but Jack will always be playing around with other ideas. Poor Meg she got so picked on she has now gone into hiding. The early White Stripes we great live Jack fed off Meg. I thought it worked, Jack didn't have a setlist and found different ways to let Meg what he was playing. The early albums are cute gems then they hit it big. Saw them play with Loretta Lynn too.

Jack over the years

50410730_561f475584.jpg

386172378_65ae1197e1.jpg

50410734_786e8d125a.jpg

4858787653_e10dce3273.jpg

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

An interview from BBC 6 music with Jack White on January 15, 2012:

Red, White and Black: The Jack White Story (he talks about his life, his influences, his bands, etc. Also clips of interviews with members from The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather)

part 1

part 2

part 3

mrJim

Reaction score
IMO Amazing Performance

Jack White doing an acoustic medley of "Love Is the Truth" and the White Stripes' "You've Got Her in Your Pocket".

IMO it is amazing how much he gets from the guitar.

be sure to go to the 2:00 minute mark on the video this where "You've Got Her in Your Pocket" begins. IMO something special

****It's subtle but try to pay attention to his right hand working the strings.

Nice I only wish I was able to do that

again IMO an amazing performance but I don't even think the audience even realizes it.

I don't post much about Jack and Meg White but I am a huge fan and have so much respect for them and what they did with the Stripes and for Jack and what he does across the board.

Jim

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Listened To Jack White For The First Time Today

Jack White doing an acoustic medley of "Love Is the Truth" and the White Stripes' "You've Got Her in Your Pocket".

IMO it is amazing how much he gets from the guitar.

be sure to go to the 2:00 minute mark on the video this where "You've Got Her in Your Pocket" begins. IMO something special

****It's subtle but try to pay attention to his right hand working the strings.

Nice I only wish I was able to do that

again IMO an amazing performance but I don't even think the audience even realizes it.

I don't post much about Jack and Meg White but I am a huge fan and have so much respect for them and what they did with the Stripes and for Jack and what he does across the board.

Jim

Firstly @mrJim thanks for posting the youtube.com vid as you`ve stated the playing is truly amazingly outstanding! I`ll be surely buying his acoustic album for a start...

Starchild

Little Dreamer
Reaction score
I have every album Jack White ever made by himself and with all 3 of his bands. Unfortunately, I've never been able to see him live. That is still on my bucket list.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online