Jack White (Official Thread)

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Re: Jack White

No one would expect Jack to work with Insane Clown Posse because NOBODY wants to work with Insane Clown Posse. :bonk: In my book Jack loses a couple points for working with them but then again a couple points out of a thousand isn't too big of a deal. A much bigger deal to me is that I am still widely unimpressed with The Dead Weather.
I agree that nobody wants to work with ICP...but what I'm saying is that Jack realized it too, took that fact, and acted on it. Truth is, he pretty much showed the world that he actually has the gonads to successfully do ANYTHING he wants to do in the music industry...and by pairing up a composition by Mozart, and Insane 'friggin' Clown Posse, he just bended the unwritten laws of contemporary music FAR beyond their natural limits. Which is why, in that perspective, he just moved up a notch in my book.

But we all have our opinions, who am I to question yours? :)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

In case people didn't here, Jack is going to be putting out a solo record in late April. Here's the first song off of it:

Love Interruption

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

He's talented I cannot dispute that, and am glad he's done mucking about with the ICP, but I am not a big fan of the White Stripes or Raconteurs...can't put my finger on it but something just misses for me when it comes to Jack.:peek

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

In case people didn't here, Jack is going to be putting out a solo record in late April. Here's the first song off of it:

Love Interruption

I didn't know about this! 6JqiN.gif Yay, great!! I like the song you've posted, I'm going to be so excited to hear this album :grinthumb

He's talented I cannot dispute that, and am glad he's done mucking about with the ICP, but I am not a big fan of the White Stripes or Raconteurs...can't put my finger on it but something just misses for me when it comes to Jack.:peek

Oh Sir B, you make-a me so sad :wa

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Sorry Lady T, but I have tried and tried to get into both of his bands and would rather just spend that time listening to someone else, like Kate for instance...;)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

When I heard about the White Stripes I was curious, so I explored their catalog on YT mostly. And I came to the conclusion that yes Jack White is one extremely talented musician and that I didn't like the minimal drum kit sound of Meg White. That's not saying she's terrible or anything, just that combined with No bass guitar that left me wanting a much fuller sound.

The Ranconteurs...I have only skimmed over them, I suppose I could give them another chance.

So if you Jack White protagonists want to recommend their very best Studio record, I will keep an open mind and give it a fair listen.;)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I hear quite often about the White Stripes that people don't like their lack of bass but I love the treble end of things and don't really see bass as a vital instrument so I'm think it sounds unique and interesting.

As far as the Raconteurs go they only have two albums and I would recommend their most recent one, "Consolers of the Lonely" for you, LG. If I'm not mistaken it won a Grammy for it's engineering. ;)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I really couldn't pick a favourite out of the Raconteurs two albums, I love them both, but as Harmony said Consolers of the Lonely won best engineered non-classical album of 2008, so (knowing what a stickler you are for that sort of thing :D) I'll second her choice :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Okay thanks for the rec's Cosmic and Tray...although my dear Cosmic without bass guitar holding down the bottom a band is severely handicapped in my estimation.;) It does nothing but add to the sound of a band and takes nothing away from the high end vocals and guitars/keyboards.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online