Jack White's Band Resume

The Upholsterers
Two Star Tabernacle
Goober & The Peas
The Hentchmen
The White Stripes (1997–2011)
The Raconteurs (2005–present)
The Dead Weather (2008–present)

Yes, I am well aware there are White Stripes, Dead Weather etc. threads about Jack White. But I just decided to set this one up to focus on EVERYTHING Jack White. Because, as we fans already know, he has A LOT of projects. So, let's get this discussion started, eh? :D

white_stripes1.jpg

51aJbFkNT-L._SL290_.jpg
the-dead-weather.jpg

dangermousePR1291110.jpg

:):):):):):):):):)

Last edited by a moderator:

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Re: Jack White

Well, I'll start things off with bringing up the new release from Third Man Records, his record company:

For those who didn't know before, Jack White recently released a project from TMR in which he took Detroit rap group, Insane Clown Posse and paired them up with a piece originally composed by...Mozart. That's right, the classical dude. Wolfgang Amadeus. This dude:
170px-Croce-Mozart-Detail.jpg

The title of the piece is "Leck Mich Im Arsch" or literally translated to English as "Lick me in the arse." The very strange single was recently released for listening to on the TMR website.

jack-white-icp-mozart-collabo.jpg

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

Well I think you already know I am a big Jack White fan, the guy can't do much wrong in my eyes. However having said that, that Insane Clown Posse track does zero for me :heheh: but I had heard about it and wondered what it was like so thanks for posting!

Love all of Jack's groups in this order of preference: The Raconteurs, The White Stripes and The Dead Weather (it's actually thanks to you that I decided to buy The Dead Weather albums :grinthumb).

Have you seen the documentary It Might Get Loud, with Jack, Jimmy Page and The Edge, if not I recommend it, I really enjoyed it. Here's a clip from it of Jack making a guitar :)

"Who says you need to buy a guitar?" :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Cool thread!! I've been more into the White Stripes these days so I'm willing to check out more :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Have you seen the documentary It Might Get Loud, with Jack, Jimmy Page and The Edge, if not I recommend it, I really enjoyed it. Here's a clip from it of Jack making a guitar :)

:eek:

He's like friggin' Macgyver! :heheh:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

As big of a Jimmy fan as I am Tray, I've never seen It Might Get Loud. :peek

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

Well I think you already know I am a big Jack White fan, the guy can't do much wrong in my eyes. However having said that, that Insane Clown Posse track does zero for me :heheh: but I had heard about it and wondered what it was like so thanks for posting!

Love all of Jack's groups in this order of preference: The Raconteurs, The White Stripes and The Dead Weather (it's actually thanks to you that I decided to buy The Dead Weather albums :grinthumb).

Haha, yes Tray...good to see you post in this thread. :D
And of course I saw IMGL! I'm a guitarist, Jimmy Page fan and a Jack White fan...what more do you need? :heheh: In fact, I have a copy of it sitting right next to me right now.

And yeah, the ICP track didn't do much for me either, except further prove that Jack White can do no wrong...and the only reason I say that is because NOBODY would expect Jack White to work with ICP. Or Mozart for that matter, and that alone just makes him so much more awesome! :bow::bow:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

Yeah I should have known you'd have seen it! I've probably mentioned this before but I've not had chance to see Jack live yet, was sad I'll never get to see The White Stripes but so long as I see him at some point, with whoever, I'll be happy :) I see The Raconteurs are playing a few gigs in America starting this Saturday, just a bit too far for me to travel R7qot.gif

As big of a Jimmy fan as I am Tray, I've never seen It Might Get Loud. :peek

What!! Get it watched girl!!! :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

And yeah, the ICP track didn't do much for me either, except further prove that Jack White can do no wrong...and the only reason I say that is because NOBODY would expect Jack White to work with ICP. Or Mozart for that matter, and that alone just makes him so much more awesome! :bow::bow:

No one would expect Jack to work with Insane Clown Posse because NOBODY wants to work with Insane Clown Posse. :bonk: In my book Jack loses a couple points for working with them but then again a couple points out of a thousand isn't too big of a deal. A much bigger deal to me is that I am still widely unimpressed with The Dead Weather.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online

No members online now.