Is there hope? Fans walk out of Britney Spears show.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Soot and Stars said:
Regardless of this there will always be a replacement Britney! Some of the world just wants the show part of the concert. It's all part of pop culture and lucky for us we can pick and choose what part of this culture we want to embrace.

eccentric man said:
it's like someone said in another thread every decade and generation of music has had it's plastic airheads. she's not the first and definitely not the last. so why does it matter what people who'd buy into the image over the substance really think?

There's an underlying problem though. Ask yourselves who the teeny bopper idols and heart throbs were some years ago. Well in early 1964 that role was filled by the Beatles, joined soon by the Dave Clark Five. The Rolling Stones joined that select company by mid-1964 in the U.K. and by 1965 in the States. These weren't bad bands for teen heart throbs I'd say.

The Monkees became the flavour de jour in late 1966. Regardless of the questionable nature of their origins, the Monkees still had to go out there and play on stage. Moreover, within a year or so they were demonstrating creative talent on their own on records.

In the seventies we had the Partridge Family and the Bay City Rollers. In the late eighties the New Kids on the Block made a big splash. But guess what? These bands all played!

But things started to go awry in the late nineties. The Spice Bitches, Backstreet Boys, 'N Sync, none of them played! They just sang and danced around in concert.

And now Britney and her ilk see no reason why they can't dispense with the singing if they're still dancing around!

And you're going to tell me there hasn't been a dramatic devolution in the teen heart throb business from the Beatles to Britney?

:wtf:

Britney's Sydney Show

Pearl Jam Mocks Britney

Last edited:

Fug

Reaction score
"Fans walk out of Britney Spears show"

I'm amazed they even walked in!

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Haha, didn't realize this had a thread!

Awesome!

This was the feel-good story of 2009 for me :tongue:

In all seriousness, why would you see a musician live if they don't sing? May as well just go and watch a dancing show.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Britney is kind of behind the times. A dinosaur, if you will. Pop music today is definetly better than it was in the late 90s/early 00s when Britney was Queen Tit. And THAT is saying something, for me to ever praise the 00s! Artists like Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga, whether or not their music is any good, at least these are people who seem to have risen up through the songwriter's circuit instead of being labeled a star as a child and then being groomed a singer for the sake of their looks.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
In all seriousness, why would you see a musician live if they don't sing? May as well just go and watch a dancing show.
Pop stars have been lip-sync'ing songs for many many years. Anyone over the age of 12 should know this and be aware of it before they go to such a show. If they are expecting some overly ridiculous and exhaustive dance routine WHILE singing just like the record, they are nuts. I don't care how talented you are, it just doesn't (and can't) happen.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Pop stars have been lip-sync'ing songs for many many years. Anyone over the age of 12 should know this and be aware of it before they go to such a show. If they are expecting some overly ridiculous and exhaustive dance routine WHILE singing just like the record, they are nuts. I don't care how talented you are, it just doesn't (and can't) happen.

I agree! People criticize artist for this but it's good to know someone realizes how hard it would be to do both. I don't see the problem as long as you know what you are getting ahead of time. For me I already have the music on c.d. and sure I prefer to have real vocals but part of going to a show is to see a show! If I was seeing a pop artist and they delivered something amazing on stage I wouldn't care if they lip synced or not. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Members online

No members online now.